Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

Aviograsf A340 has been released!

Well, just saw over a simMarket.com that the Aviograsf A340 is out. It is going for 41 dollars US and change. Not gonna buy this till I hear feedback on it compared to the PSS 340. Anyone that gets it, let us know how it is please. Thanks.

Eric 

Guest sidewinder

Lets just wait and see. Have u had a look at the manuals it looks more functional than the PSS A340

Well I did something I swore I'd never do. I jumped in with both feet and bought it hot off the shelf. I can only blame the xmas (hic) excess for my moment of madness.Truly awful. Sorry, but in the 4hrs I've been playing with it that's the best I can give it. Abysmal frame rates, poorly implemented systems (block fuel 35.5, EFOB at Dest -172.0??)a truly 'unique' light and switch system. The list goes on ...I'd be interested to hear comments from anyone else.

Guest A32X

Hi,How does it fly; full fly-by-wire systems ?Regards,

Guest sidewinder

Its a shame to hear that....on their website they say the A340 has been in development for 3 years, I expected to hear good stuff about it...

I tried to fly a traffic pattern at KSEA.After takeoff: nose drops, I need to trim => no fly by wire implemented!ND: suddenly the blue heading bug is gone; abnormal behaviour of the compass rose: turns towards the opposite direction.Autopilot: can't hold 170kts at 3000ft, sinkrate is about 1600ft and the plane stalls and stalls again.Framerate drops significantly when using this plane. And: the displays are everything else but vector gauges...Anyone knows if Aviograsf has a forum?I'll certainly write them a mail!My recommendation: wait until a patch is (hopefully) out, stick with PSS.Andreas

was in contact with them for a long time, expected a lot......what i found is that i have to expect a lot of patches or one big patch. Unflyable eye-candy.Best regardsHolgerEDDK

Guest mikealpha

Randy,he he, what are you doing here instead on convincing PMDG to do an Airbus instead of a Boeing again ;)>> and tried the CWS for an idea on how it's done Well, that's not all what FBW is about, but you are probably right, the 737 NG with CWS is the closest to an Airbus FBW in FS.I heard, the Aviograsf A340 in selected climb (aka LVL/CH) uses a fixed VS rate and then the thrust gets varied to get that. Arrggghhh.Oh well, except the A310, the Airbus blues continues in FS9 ....Mike

Guest jason2112

Wasn't there a company that released an Airbus addon about a year ago that should really simulate FBW? As far as I remember they released it at the Aero fair in Germany, received some very bad inital reviews, and were never heard of again ...VOlker :]

Yeah I was talking in very general terms in regards to the implementation of FBW since the concept is the same and could not resist a shamless PMDG plug ;). You know people can release a Boeing without CWS and it's not a big deal but for aircraft that only has FBW, to not have it on their product is bad. But I have not tried this aircraft, so I might be talking into the wind here in regards to if the FBW actually works or not, I was only going by the one post..Oh, and who says PMDG *might* not be looking at doing an Airbus in the future??? I would say it's most certainly an future option..[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/betaimg.jpg

Guest mikealpha

>> received some very bad inital reviewsYou probably mean the Apollo 340. There was a little FBW simulated, but that was all about it, Mostly mouthful advertisement. FMGS, AP modes and MCDU, more or less non existent. The MCDU accepted only FS flightplans. The Overhead panel had only lighting switches. Flaps/Slats system wrong, etc.I remember an Airbus pilot in a review ironically mentioned he was happy he could extend and retract the gear ... :DMike