Sign in to follow this  
Ioan92

I think I found a clue to all those problems...

It's the "Light Sensor"I found it earlier when modifying the panel.cfg file. //// Light Sensor//[Window19]BACKGROUND_COLOR=100,100,100size_mm=4, 4position=0nomenu=1visible=1ident=499zorder=99 gauge00=PMDG_737NGX!LightSensor, 0, 0, 4, 4
Good catch! I removed the gauge LightSensor entry from the panel cfg, and now the box is gone.Any idea what the light sensor is?Seems to fly fine without it so far, but I haven't tries night flying yet hehe.Now to just get rid of the aliasing artifacts along top of screen that I swear is only with the NGX :) Chris S

Chris Strobel KSNA

original.jpg

Did the frame increase much when you removed the box?
Well I didn't cntrl Z to find out, but the smoothness on takeoff and climbout seemed no better or worse.I suspect the light sensor has something to do with night time operations, but I'm not IFR rated, so not allowed to fly at night yet ;) Chris S

Chris Strobel KSNA

original.jpg

Ok well I figured out what the light sensor (white box) does, its whats back lighting all your panel lettering at night, so definitely a no no to remove for you night flyers (and I promise vFAA I wasn't flying at night, just sitting in the cockpit ;) Chris S

I see a little white box in the upper left corner of my screen. Never noticed it until I read this thread and looked for it.
Sorry bout that Scott :) Chris S

Chris Strobel KSNA

original.jpg

Is there a way to really minimize it? I pulled it forward by changing the size with the arrows appearing, but now cant resize it smaller than about 10x10 pixels...

Guest FSMP
It's the "Light Sensor"I found it earlier when modifying the panel.cfg file. //// Light Sensor//[Window19]BACKGROUND_COLOR=100,100,100size_mm=4, 4position=0nomenu=1visible=1ident=499zorder=99 gauge00=PMDG_737NGX!LightSensor, 0, 0, 4, 4
To make it dissapear, why not just set VISIBLE = 0 (like it should have been set in the 1st place, after debug ???) You could also make it smaller by size_mm=1, 1 and gauge00=PMDG_737NGX!LightSensor, 0, 0, 1, 1 ( Might even be able to do size_mm=0,0 amd gauge00=PMDG_737NGX!LightSensor, 0, 0, 0, 0 -- Not sure on the " 0, 0 ", but if it's not visible, the chances of you clicking on a 1 x 1 mm area at the top of the screen is VERY Small ) You could also try BACKGROUND_COLOR=0,0,0 (Transparent ?) "What the eye don't see, the heart don't grieve"

+1 on the little white box. Mine lives in the upper left corner of the display, about 3x3 pixels. Full screen or windowed mode makes no difference.
Same here, thats all I have to say :)