Sign in to follow this  
jmnc747

CTD AFTER LOADING A FLIGHT WITH NGX

d3d9.dll is a file related to DirectX. Try and reinstall the DirectX runtime. http://www.microsoft...ails.aspx?id=35
I've reinstalled it 3 times now with the latest from MS. No change.

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

All, I have this same issue; at 4% loading, right after a click sound in the cockpit and the trim wheel spin sounds. I did some testing to confirm: I can save a flight at cruise and reload, however if I start the decent for arrival and save that flight (less than 1 minute later) it will not reload. All the saved flights I tried thereafter will not reload (approach and landing). I will submit a ticket with all the details, but I got some specific information in a report that may help others: Problem signature: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: fsx.exe Application Version: 10.0.61637.0 Application Timestamp: 46fadb14 Fault Module Name: PMDG_737NGX.DLLI can confirm that I tried rebuilding the FSX.cfg file and I went through all the information in the INTRODUCTION. The only other software I am running is EZDOK. I will continue testing and submit a ticket, but I wanted to see if this information might help the community. Thanks, Nathan Faber
+1 Thanks for sharing and submitting a ticket. Looks like the issue is completely reproducable. Some additional info: My FSX is in \Program Files, but with full folder- and file-permissions. (Write-protection turned off, too - but that should not interfere when loading flights). Maybe only a wrong flag in one of the save files.

I have exactly the same issue, both with manually saved flights as well as it AutoSave saved flights. Very annoying since FSX has a tendancy to crash regularly. I'd like to see this fixed with high priority.Thanks!Mark Jansen

Just to let you guys know, I've also got this problem... I hope it gets fixed soon.

just figured this one out:if i remove the PMDG_737NGX.DLL from the gauges folder the saved flights do load. certainly the plane has no function because of the missing dll. but it has to be an issue with that file not with any addons or kinda stuff.... ? i also tried redownloading and reinstalling in several compatibility modes, but none of that worked.... sooo .. what the f...? its the typical fsx experience. 10 % flying 90 % troubleshooting ;-)

In the intro it mentions some better testers having issues when loading a saved flight, see below from the manual:- INTRODUCTIONFor Simulator Use Only DO NOT DUPLICATE 04AUG11PMDG 737NGX During testing we have found that in extremely rarecircumstances, users with FSUIPC installed would need to deletetheir FSUIPC.CFG file after installing the PMDG 737NGX in orderto get everything playing well together. We recommend that youtry this if it seems the NGX is not behaving normally afterinstallation. Late in beta testing, one of our testers found that having aparking brake axis assigned via FSUIPC would cause the sim tolock up while loading the PMDG 737NGX. We are continuing toinvestigate why this would be so, but the solution was simple:Remove the parking brake axis assignment from FSUIPC.

In the intro it mentions some better testers having issues when loading a saved flight, see below from the manual:- ...
I tried the above and it makes no difference what-so-ever. Joe Lorenc

Joe Lorenc

Also getting this message after installing pmdg 737ngx! ''DirectX 9.0 Web setup'' ''Command line option sintax error. Type Command /? for Help''

I simply love the NGX! Without a doubt the highest technology addon available for FSX, bar none! Kudos PMDG!I also experience the same fatal FSX error when loading a flight that's descending. Enroute flights load just fine. Not a huge issue for me since I rarely load flights like this, but it is a problem that needs a fix at some point. Thanks for all the hard work!Doug Miannay

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

+1, running a support ticket with Ryan. If I get an answer there I will report back or vise versa

OK I chime in as well.... I can´t load a saved flight with the NGX. I also did delete my fsx.cfg and run through all the tweaks as in the manual. FSX loads and then at 100% it just stops. No screen or anything...I can press ESC and quit out of the simulation, but no chance going back into the plane.