Sign in to follow this  
Evan Banalian

I can't autoland my NGX

Had FAIL PASS enabled and still no LAND 3. I have a screenshot this time too. When I work out how to find it in FSX I will post it!

this is most likely happening because you are hitting APP too fast. If you hit it before the G/S is active it will indicate G/P on your PFD. You can tell if the G/S is active because you will see a white diamond show up on the PFD that is your G/S once you are ready to capture it hit APP then you will see G/S show up on your PFD then hit your CMD B. make sure you are not seeing G/P indicated on your PFD if you want autoland. Guthrie Z

Guthrie makes good point. I have autolanded only once so far with the NGX, and it was with Fail OP. I pressed VOR/LOC, and when the localizer was captured, then I armed APP mode. Once the G/S was captured, then I armed CMD B, and all was well. Again, important point, both nav radios need to be tuned to the ILS and both the CDR and the PLTs Course marker need to be set up correctly.

Scott Kalin VATSIM #1125397 - KPSP Palm Springs International Airport
Space Shuttle (SSMS2007) http://www.space-shu....com/index.html
Orbiter 2010P1 http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/

No, it was happening because I had FAIL PASS enabled. Did as I said and tried it on FAIL OP and it worked fine.

yes, I too was having issues.. Turns out I was hitting APP to quickly and getting a G/P indication instead of G/S. If you select VOR/LOC instead of APP and wait for the gilde slope to come alive and THEN select APP mode, all is well and you'll be able to engage both autopilot channels. Works a treat now!