Sign in to follow this  
charleslee201

reverse thrust key

F2 but you need to hold it for a few seconds.

Ken Ehlers
F70

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

That is the way that I do mine. I use Ch Throttle quadrant and FSUIPC Registered. I use the first two levers for thrust and the second two for reversers.When setting it up in FSUIPC, set up your throttles with no center setting (reverse), then, when you set up your Reversers, do not check reverse axis box in the reverser setting. It will be the right direction so you can keep your handles forward and pull them back when you land.

My Mixture lever activates the reverse thrust as well (default i think?).. However, When i do it, the reversers only activate about 95% of the way. I still need to tap F2 once to get it to fully engage. How can i calibrate that? Thanks

<--------------->
Mike Murawski

My Mixture lever activates the reverse thrust as well (default i think?).. However, When i do it, the reversers only activate about 95% of the way. I still need to tap F2 once to get it to fully engage. How can i calibrate that? Thanks
You can use the calibration tab into FSUIPC. Try this.!

i have a reverse section on my WH stick but Ive no idea how to set it up as reversers in FSUIPC. I tried to make F2 as an axis but not really a clue how, =(

Hi and thank you again, great bird no probleme with the ngx (no freeze )fps in vc 25all the system 100%no bugs at all but how do you reverse thrust with the keyboard ... f2 does nothing and cant see no key mapping for it any one ... thank you quad , 3.00 mhz , 4 gig ddr3. nvidia gt 220 1g
Strange, F2 works for me (since time in memorial), press and HOLD F2 key...

Not a pilot but isn't that how it should be. what i mean is, when landing the real plane, the pilot would have to put the throttles to idle before engaging reverse thrust. Correct?
Hi Rick, Definitely, all RW pilots and simmers DO THIS. Putting the thrust on idle removes lift and allows the plane to touchdown on the runway. After touchdown, verify that spoilers are deployed and engage reverse thurst (to stop the aircraft). Failing to engage reverse thurst will result to a long rollout or even overshoot the runway (As some accident happened in real life).

F2 is fine, but it's not instant, bang, reverse. It does take a few seconds which seems realistic to me. I think you are used to previously bad modelling of this.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Next time you are a passenger in a 737, listen carefully on landing. First the nose must lower to the ground, then there is a pause (pilot hand moving + spool up time) then the roar of reverse, the action of the autobrakes and you are moved forward in your seat and to shame us simmers they always seem to get the first high speed turn-off. To make it easier and to avoid reaching over the keyboard, I re-mapped (using the 'control' menu in FSX) the F2 key to M on the bottom row. When down to 60knots, either move the throttle lever forward definitely, or tap F1, to get out of reverse. Not just take your hand off F2.

To clarify what I was talking about:I understand that it takes a bit of time for the reversers to move into position, but this isn't what I'm observing in the cockpit. When in the flare I bring the throttle back to idle (throttle lever on the quadrant) then press F2 a few times to enter reverse thrust. I have found that this isn't sufficient, and that I must first press F1 to bring the engines from approach idle down to ground idle - then press/hold F2 to achieve reverse thrust. Am I not correct in assuming that if the throttles are at the idle position, the N1 speed should go from approach idle to ground idle automatically when there is weight on wheels? Thanks. (if I press F1 then hold down F2 reverse works fine, and during taxi the throttle gives me idle thrust when I close it - the same value N1 as if I press F1 instead).

I have been having lots of trouble getting reverse to engage on landing. It's not the end of the world for me, as I tend to use "idle reverse" where I just tap the F2 key (via a FSUIPC command to my hardware throttle) once or twice to get the lowest reverse amount, as most real world airfield prohibit full on reverse. Maybe it's more realistic, or I just need to practice this in the nGX more and have been spoiled by unrealistic modeling of previous addons, but I am finding it very hard to engage reverse with the F2 key alone. It's not till long after the nose wheel has touched down that I'm finally able to engage reverse, but by then i'm almost at 60 knots and it's time to cancel reverse anyways. I'm going to try the F1 key before F2 a few times to see if it makes a difference, as that is the key I use to cancel reverse anyways at 60kts, and I have it conveniently assigned to my throttle along with my F2 key. If this is just another quirk based on realism, kudos to PMDG!

It's such a nice feeling when you hit the high speed exit with some speed left, like you just roll on, with those wings bouncing, and the airplane rocking!
I agree with you... For me that is the BEST (or worst - if not done properly) of the flight! The sound of the main gears touching down the runway, then spoilers deployed, then reverse thrust then reverse thrust disengaged. Keeps playing on my head...