Sign in to follow this  
nrcrate

Autoland "RETARD" Bug

Theres a time delay of some seconds (cant remember off the top of my head) for the engines to change from flight to ground idle. This is for the reasons stated in the FCOM 2. This however should not preclude you from selecting reverse thrust at any point during the rollout phase.
Exactly, and the delay is there. I just wonder for some reason why only sometimes it seems like it hangs for a few pilots. For example, me doing a CATIIIb landing on a long runway without reverse thrust. I should not be able to leave my phisical throttles at idle, and then at the end of the rollout still be at 30 something percent N1. I should not have to move my throttles forward slightly and then back to get to ground idle after I've already completed the rollout in a full CATIIIb autoland.

Thanks!
Nick Crate
Chief Executive Officer
FedEx Virtual Air Cargo

I should not be able to leave my phisical throttles at idle, and then at the end of the rollout still be at 30 something percent N1. I should not have to move my throttles forward slightly and then back to get to ground idle after I've already completed the rollout in a full CATIIIb autoland.
Your right you should not, but I don't have that problem it might be a problem your end :(

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Your right you should not, but I don't have that problem it might be a problem your end sad.png
And my end also! Same issues as nick - difficult to get reverse to activate due to the fact that the aircraft isnt moving from flight idle to ground idle which allows for activation of reversers - as it seems like it thinks throttles are not at idle as it were - the prove in this is that if on the ground already and I spool throttles up, then ove levers back to idle, then while they are still reducing back to idle i activate reverse the reversers come on as expected. This is exactly what should happen when I touch down - the reveresers should be able to be selected and the idle change from flight to ground idle. But it doesnt all the time. In fact whilst flying the last part of the approach I press the soft autothrottle disengage button - reduce my throttles to idle - and in the hgs I often see Retard -although sometimes it goes off again and then on again and off - I touch down idle is still at Aprroach idle i select reverse - no reverse I move throttles forward and back slect reverse and probably eventually I get some reverse i then tend to have to move reverse forward and back again to actually get more reverse, so not the most cleanest of slow downs going. Nick out of interest what setting do you have for the autothrottle control in PMDG options? and a question for the developers what settings do they use or mappings for their throttles and controls who dont use the keyboard to fly but use joysticks/yokes etc? Perhaps see what Nick at AOA uses as I know he uses Physical throttles etc so be good to see how he configures his to achieve the best result as I cant imagine he is much into having to reach over to his keyboard and frantically tapping F1 F2 F1 etc.