Sign in to follow this  
travis26

PMDG and FSPS don't get along.

u know guys? im formatting the entire pc. ill give the last shot before give up. just 1 question: i should install first the plane or fspassenger or doesnt matter?

Since all people told you that they use the full version of FSPassengers and you do not, then the logical conclusion is that the fault lies in the demo version. You shouldn´t have reinstalled everything.

but captain sim is a payware aircraft and it works on demo airports

Since all people told you that they use the full version of FSPassengers and you do not, then the logical conclusion is that the fault lies in the demo version. You shouldn´t have reinstalled everything.

David, listen to what all of us are saying. Capt Sim is not anywhere close to what the 737 is. ALL of us have the FULL version and it works. YOU have the DEMO and it doesn't work. The DEMO is limited in what it can do. YOU can fly the 737 without FSPax and everything is fine. The problem is not with the 737. The problem is with your DEMO copy of FSPax. Either buy the full version or stop using FSPax.

Edward Smoker Sr.

SOLVED!!!!! the reason was because i selected in the fsx.exe properties: compatibility mode windows 7. i have unchecked the option and now with the demo ( i told u guys wasnt coz of the demo) the 737 ngx + fspassenger work perfect no crash!!!! i ask to the pmdg team if they can stick this tread so in future other users wont get headache like me understanding why it crash...this was the reason. what i ask now to u guys is: select windows 7 compatibility to see if it crash to u too. so its solved and now i can enjoy this amazing plane. thx u all guys for cooperation...really thx

...i selected in the fsx.exe properties: compatibility mode windows 7...
Didn't see that coming... not going to ask why either... you're welcome I guess.

Edward Smoker Sr.

hi Ed. ive just finished 2 complete flights EHAM - LEPA and LEPA - EHAM and yes, that was the problem (if i check windows 7 mode compatibility it crash and unchecked works perfect and as i said just finished 2 flight with not problem.

Didn't see that coming... not going to ask why either... you're welcome I guess.

hi Ed. ive just finished 2 complete flights EHAM - LEPA and LEPA - EHAM and yes, that was the problem (if i check windows 7 mode compatibility it crash and unchecked works perfect and as i said just finished 2 flight with not problem.
May I ask why you've activated the Windows 7 compatibility in the first place? When you enable OS compatibility, Windows will place an sort of 'emulator' between the running program (and all libraries that are referenced by it) and all instructions are 'filtered' and altered when needed. Microsoft self only advises to use the compatibility feature when you to running a program that's using a specific Windows version component. Most problems with software initially designed for Windows XP, is to let the program run under administrative privileges. Settings it to Windows 7 compatibility mode also means that if a library (dll) running under FSX call an obsolete instruction it will crash (windows will simply block the instruction).

I was continually getting problems with FSpassengers, strangely it was more on flights over 1 hour but 100% of the time it would crash to desktop. Having been on the Fspassengers FAQ I noticed a dll file they suggest you install for windows 7 and since then no problems 100% of the time! I do however, have the weight and fuel disabled from the FSPassenger settings, use only the FMC. Andy

I've been using FSPassengers since the launch of the NGX without ANY problem. What I do: In the NGX FMC: set pax to empy, fuel to what needed. Start FSPax: do NOT change fuel, set passengers, set destination and duration of flight ... et voilà. No strange behaviour , no CTD, etc ... Coincidence ? You decide.

I tried your method but I cannot still get the PMDG 737 AP to work.

I've been using FSPassengers since the launch of the NGX without ANY problem. What I do: In the NGX FMC: set pax to empy, fuel to what needed. Start FSPax: do NOT change fuel, set passengers, set destination and duration of flight ... et voilà. No strange behaviour , no CTD, etc ... Coincidence ? You decide.

I tried your method but I cannot still get the PMDG 737 AP to work.

Cray Foley

Damn, 3 years ago ...

Well if it works for me it should work for you. Did you exactly do what I explained ?  What you mean by "AP" ? Autopilot, it would make no sense ?

I have issues with FSpassengers and the PMDG 737NGX auto pilot not functioning.  After countless trouble shooting testing, the only way I could get the AP to work with FSpassengers is to load everything at the runway threshold.  Of course that means putting on the parking break and opening up the passenger door at the runway.  I set it for 1 minute loading and the closed the door and contacted the FSX tower for take off.  I was also using GSX Ground, but I had to eliminate that because that also was the cause of the AP not functioning if I used FSpassengers.  I do have the 737 AP realistic mode set on off, but even with it off,  unless I doe what I mentioned above, the AP will not work with FSpassengers.

Cray Foley