Sign in to follow this  
jwenham

ENB Series MOD + 737NGX = not good for me

I have been playing around with this great bird now for the last 2 days straight (wife is getting mad but she will just have to get over it) and today I have noticed a problem with the ENB mod. Here is my scenario: This issue started to show while I was at Fly Tampa's KTPA. I started the sim up as normal. What I experienced was very very low FPS. The weird thing is that I got better FPS in the VC than I did in the 2D almost by half. Also my AA went away so I then went on my journey to remedy this problem. After a couple hours of trying this and that I have found the culprit (for me at least). Even before seeing this problem, every time the 737 would load in the sim I would get the green bar with the countdown of the systems startup. While this was going on my screen would flash every time the countdown numbers changed and it was at this time that my AA would go bye bye. I am running good old 182.50 drivers with nhancer as per Nick N setup guide. The only way I could keep any AA was to use FSX's crappy AA and this was just not going to work for me. I mean what good is this beautiful bird if you cant see her in all her glory! Well after more messing around trying everything I decided to remove the ENB mod. What I then noticed was during the 737 startup sequence countdown.... no more flashing and ........... my AA stayed put!!!! I have verified this several times with and without it and the results were consistant. Along with my AA staying mu FPS were back up to 25 VC and in the 30's 2D at KTPA!!! I would from time to time see the big FPS difference from VC/2D but nver made the connection as to why. Something at KTPA/Fly Tampa's scenery made this problem show big time and at default sceneries it would not show. Bottom line is if you are seeing FPS problems especially between VC and 2D AND you are using the ENB mod you may want to remove it and see if it helps you. - Jim

Jim Wenham

Well I don't get the issues with the ENB mod as you are describing, although it does cause d3d9.dll CTDs while switching menus for me :(. I have tried almost everything, updating drivers, using different ENB version, other Rex texture sizes, changing the settings of the mod, but nothing get it to work properly :(

Best regards,

Alexander Rietveld

I used it all through testing and still do - no issues at all.
Ryan could you post your ENB configuration, and can you comment if you use FSLIMITER0.2 or Antilag without the bat file?

Hi Jim, I get the flashing too, and some very weird sporadic FPS shifts at places like FlyTampa's KTPA. I'll have to try removing it and see if that helps any.

Brandon Burkley

With or without antilag, the d3d9.dll would crash the sim on exit, random phases of flight, etc. Ryan, you have a support ticket from me that I closed explaining this.It could just be down to drivers or individual hardware, but the crashes didn't happen in any other aircraft.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

For me, the crash occurs whether I have antilag installed or not. I have used ENB series in the past with many other add-ons and have never experienced any CTDs.. Just with the NGX I'm afraid.

Best regards,

Alexander Rietveld

I used it all through testing and still do - no issues at all.
Ryan, I'm just speculating here, but the NGX has a built-in light enhancer on all the 2-D panels. I have a gut feeling that is what's causing the ENB Series problem for some of us. Would you mind explaining how I could deactivate the 2-D lighting and see if it corrects the problem? I imagine it's a simple .cfg edit, would it not?

Ryan could you post your ENB configuration, and can you comment if you use FSLIMITER0.2 or Antilag without the bat file?
Yes, please Ryan! smile.png

Here's another thread discussing it:http://forum.avsim.n...16#entry2064916. I really don't want to remove ENB, as it really allows much better contrast, especially at night. FSX is just too dark at night.
Not to hijack, but I find ENB Series to be extremely unrealistic at night. On the contrary, it's too bright! Taxiing an aircraft at night at most airports is literally a dark experience.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

ENB is gone.... gone I say!!! Not one issue with the NGX since I got rid of ENB. Also after flying around today with no ENB MOD I also have noticed a few other little issues I was having are also gone. To each his own though in the crazy FSX world we all play in. Jim

Jim Wenham

With ENB on (using the antilag loaded as a proxy) I got the black screen 100% of my flights unless I did not switch any windows.It's nothing as disheartning as planning your flight, setting up ASE, putting in the time at cold and dark, taxi/takeoff and then get a black screen because another totally different program notifies you about an update.ENB and my version of Win 7 64 just didn't work. I give up on it.

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma