Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

Dome light issues - HOW TO FIX

Guest Turboblower

Only the 900 WL was updated to 2922, the 800,800WL 900 still 2916 and no dome lights. PMDG, FYI What is weird, the hotfix renamed the original air cfg to "old" but version number remains 2916 on the 800WL. The 900WL with the new version number does not have the dome fix. Go figure I am going to wait for SP1.So check your aircraft configs version numbers. ( as I can see hotfix 3 is no different to #2)

Julien I do confirm. Hotfix 2922 fixes 800WL dome light but does not change 900WL. Nothing that a 30 seconds copy/paste procedure on aircraft.cfg won't fix but I think all this rush trying to correct the problems is driving PMDG team crazy... I would like they can have enough time to take a deep breath and release the hotfixes or SP1 in a solid way. Regards Schmid

YOU DO NOT NEED TO DO THIS IF YOU INSTALLED THE 16AUG HOTFIX OR PURCHASED THE FULL INSTALLER ON OR AFTER 16AUG..
This implies that anyone purchaseing now, is getting a different BASE Install, than those that purchased a week ago. So even if we just do an install, with no HotFixes, different people, who purchased at different times, are really running different version of the product. Fair enought, if everyone realizes this, otherwise comparisons of installations without Hotfixes, become somewhat meaninless. Maybe I just missed that information, but it would seem to be pretty importnant that EVERYONE was fully aware of this. ? Might cut down a lot on the very confusing & misleading "It works for me" -- "Well, lucky you, it does not work for me" type posts !! Geoff

Donstim After modifying aircraft.cfg as per instructions (which would only affect dome lights), all external and internal lights work fine, although I'd like taxi lights a little more strong. Regards Schmid

Guest Turboblower
Julien I do confirm. Hotfix 2922 fixes 800WL dome light but does not change 900WL. Nothing that a 30 seconds copy/paste procedure on aircraft.cfg won't fix but I think all this rush trying to correct the problems is driving PMDG team crazy... I would like they can have enough time to take a deep breath and release the hotfixes or SP1 in a solid way. Regards Schmid
Yes, I just copy and pasted it. Think I will go back to base version, as all sorts of quirky things going on now, like take off speeds disappearing off the ND when TO/GA button pushed on take off. OOM error which I have never had before, ever.
This implies that anyone purchaseing now, is getting a different BASE Install, than those that purchased a week ago. So even if we just do an install, with no HotFixes, different people, who purchased at different times, are really running different version of the product. Fair enought, if everyone realizes this, otherwise comparisons of installations without Hotfixes, become somewhat meaninless. Maybe I just missed that information, but it would seem to be pretty importnant that EVERYONE was fully aware of this. ? Might cut down a lot on the very confusing & misleading "It works for me" -- "Well, lucky you, it does not work for me" type posts !! Geoff
+1

Thanks Schmid. I verified that on a flight today. It lloks like they are missing from the aircraft.cfg file, but I guess thay are invoked in some other way. Don

I have two [smokesystem] entries in the 900NGX WL config, One entry matches the one listed in the hotfix, my entries in the config are

[LIGHTS]//Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landing, 6=taxi, 7=recognition, 8=wing, 9=logo, 10=cabinlight.0 = 4, 51.500, 0.0, 5.500, fx_PMDG_NGX_vclightlight.1 = 4, 50.000, 0.0, 4.500, fx_PMDG_NGX_vclight [sMOKESYSTEM]smoke.0 = 50.500, 00.000, 5.000, fx_PMDG_NGX_vclightsmoke.1 = 51.500, -1.000, 5.000, fx_PMDG_NGX_vclightsmoke.2 = 51.500, 1.000, 5.000, fx_PMDG_NGX_vclight [sMOKESYSTEM]smoke.0 = 49.000, -1, 5.500, fx_PMDG_NGX_vclight

Is that correct or is the bottom one an extra entry that shouldn't be there

Guest Turboblower

In the end, I have re downloaded the NGX, and all is good. Seems to be better to have the latest RTM with the hotfixes included. The old girl is flying like a dream.

The website download (main installer) and hotfix still has a error for the 900 WLThere are dual entries for the SMOKESYSTEM.Current with Build: 1.00.2922[LIGHTS]//Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landing, 6=taxi, 7=recognition, 8=wing, 9=logo, 10=cabinlight.0 = 4, 51.500, 0.0, 5.500, fx_PMDG_NGX_vclightlight.1 = 4, 50.000, 0.0, 4.500, fx_PMDG_NGX_vclight[sMOKESYSTEM]smoke.0 = 50.500, 00.000, 5.000, fx_PMDG_NGX_vclightsmoke.1 = 51.500, -1.000, 5.000, fx_PMDG_NGX_vclightsmoke.2 = 51.500, 1.000, 5.000, fx_PMDG_NGX_vclight[sMOKESYSTEM]smoke.0 = 49.000, -1, 5.500, fx_PMDG_NGX_vclight

Regards
Jannie Roelofse

Flight1 Software Project Manager

Just delete the extra one?

Flavio Cardoso - P3Dv4.5 HF3

Win 10 Pro 64Bits - i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H150i Platinum - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER SC - MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics

Just delete the extra one?
Yes the one I marked in "red"

Regards
Jannie Roelofse

Flight1 Software Project Manager

Dome Light fix not working for me. The light from the dome is really dim at night.

hello to you all have a little thing here whit that dome light too.after compleet a flight i schut down & secure the plane whit the dome light on and when i turn off the battery switch the dome light still was iluminated but go off after some time is this normal and is it the same in the r/w planeit is in the 737 wl and ave hot fix 3