Sign in to follow this  

PMDG Project Proposal

2012-Ford-Territory-Front-View-500x337.png You're kidding right....? Thats vulgar!

I think it looks nice. Its the #1 selling SUV in Australia. It actually has terrible rear seats though. Thats why we bought a CX-9. This is what the #1 car magazine is Australia had to say, we can all have an opinion. I would have a nice new Territory and put money away for flying lessons, I do aim to become a pilot for virgin Australia or Qanats. I will be starting with this:J160-Air-Air.jpgthis is the #1 selling LSA in the world and yes its Australian. Its not supposed to compete with the C152 its more for Tecnam P2002 and Gazelle.

Who is this smiling NGX person, whose avatar I suspect does not represent the true person. This person from near the horrible Gatwick, a blight on pleasant countryside who damns fine Australian cars by claiming they are European, or indeed Pommie Vauxhalls? Who is she? Many cheaper variants of cars in this country as in yours do not have leather seats, but they are on offer, so it is a question of fit-outs - otherwise textile fabrics. Plastic and vinyl interiors have long gone, so if you remember these, then I think the avatar needs changing. It is true our car manufacturing industry is going the way of England - would you believe the Jaguar is now owned and made in India - talk about revenge on the Raj. And where is the Rolls made, not in England that's for sure, and the Bentley is just a Chrysler muscle car. But we still make the top of the line Fords and Holdens, and in their sports variants are now selling well in the US market. We're still in there, and even if the Qantas unions are stuffing things up, most of the car unions long ago woke up to the fact that they had to give so they could stay in work. Humph, prejudiced Poms, indeed?All SUVs, which make shopping centre car-parking next to impossible, are by definition vulgar. As are their owners.

Im American.... And thats the way of the world. X5's are made in California. Only the M's are made in germany. But you still wouldn't say no to a BMW, Jag, Merc, Audi, Rolls, Bentley etc over a Ford or a Holden/Vauxhall. Why? The name. Even if you can get a faster, cheaper Ford with leather seats, you would rather the Audi or the BMW for the name, the image. Personally, I really don't mind. Both my cars are made where the company is from. And lets not forget... POM is prisoner of mother england. The english living in England aren't POMS. The Australians descended from Brits are the POMS

Excuse me!Talk to the Hand.gif My family are not vulgar. Jaguars are owned by Tata but not made in India and I don't think the Bentley's are made by Chrysler. They are way out of the class anyway.

Yes. Jags and Bentleys are both made in the UK. Along with Aston Martin, Range Rover, Rolls Royce. etc

No. The company HOLDEN. Is the company VAUXHALL. Commodores are some form of cheap Australian creation. The barina? That's a corsa mate. Everyone is a ripoff of theVauxhall version. And you obviously never been in an expensive car if you think Mazda's are good quality.
Actually Holden and Vauxhall are both owned by General Motors but are separate divisions. Vauxhall do not make Holdens. The biggest GM Europe company is Opel who design all GM Europe's models. Virtually everything Vauxhall build is a re-badged Opel. Iain Smith

I never said Holden was made by Vauxhall. I'm saying they're the same company, just rebranded with a few of their own models. Its the same with Ford. Example, in the UK we have the Ford Mondeo. In Australia they have the falcon

Im American.... And thats the way of the world. X5's are made in California. Only the M's are made in germany. But you still wouldn't say no to a BMW, Jag, Merc, Audi, Rolls, Bentley etc over a Ford or a Holden/Vauxhall. Why? The name. Even if you can get a faster, cheaper Ford with leather seats, you would rather the Audi or the BMW for the name, the image. Personally, I really don't mind. Both my cars are made where the company is from. And lets not forget... POM is prisoner of mother england. The english living in England aren't POMS. The Australians descended from Brits are the POMS
yes, I saw a doco over here about the production line of the X5 and the Z4 but I didn't think they were all made over there. This makes me think, how would a "Everything Mechanical" forum go. It is Avsim but we seem to have a few with a cars interest. And i will admit if someone gave me a BMW or a Merc, I would take it. I would buy a BMW or Merc if they were out of the Aussie made class like a SLS or Z4. Thing I do really love about Ford Australia are the German made Fords. the Focus RS was a beauty.
I never said Holden was made by Vauxhall. I'm saying they're the same company, just rebranded with a few of their own models. Its the same with Ford. Example, in the UK we have the Ford Mondeo. In Australia they have the falcon
Thats what I thought you said, just made me a little confused. The Ford is always Ford though everywhere you go.

Oh yeah. The Focus RS500 was even better. Pity about the limited numbers though

Yes. Jags and Bentleys are both made in the UK. Along with Aston Martin, Range Rover, Rolls Royce. etc
Now an Aston I would have, they are way out of the Falcon class of V8 muscle car. Maybe if I get a good pilot job, maybe I could get one.
Oh yeah. The Focus RS500 was even better. Pity about the limited numbers though
Still a few available over here. The ST for the new Focus looks just as good. Seen the new Barina/Corsa Z spec, now thats a car, LOL.

Now an Aston I would have, they are way out of the Falcon class of V8 muscle car. Maybe if I get a good pilot job, maybe I could get one. Still a few available over here. The ST for the new Focus looks just as good. Seen the new Barina/Corsa Z spec, now thats a car, LOL.
Hahaha yes. Both cool looking cars! So is the CX-9 the only car you own?

No, we have a older Honda Odyssey. We are looking to replace that with a nice German vehicle or some Mazda. The V8s, as much as I love them aren't really to practical for us. Wow, you haven't made any comments on the Jabiru, I am just waiting for them.

Nothing to complain about. It flies doesnt it? Well then it serves its purpose :( If you're changing for a luxury SUV, get a Range Rover Sport. I drive a Vogue TDV8 but the Sport is still a really good car.

There is an AFL team over here (we really generalise our supporters) and if you drive a Land Rover or any 4WD, you are a Melbourne supporter. Collingwood supporters tend to have no teeth. Carlton supporters are from Italy. Typical Australian's you all say. Luckily I do go for Melbourne so it wouldn't be such a bad thing.