Sign in to follow this  
Robert Greene

My new Panel Lighting

I sorted the CDU lighting, its real easy. Memory not being my forte and especially difficult with my meds I`ll describe it as I don`t have the sim on just now. On the console panel where you set up the radio frequency and HGS settings like length of runway and Altitude. Theirs two rotary switches bottom left of the panel, its the one on the right that does the CDU but I adjust both anyway. If you use the orange as above in the lighting script changes you can see the individual letters going orange on the CDU and better see them in poor lighting and night time. On the MCD theirs 3 dials on the left that adjust the lighting. Beneath them are some smaller dials with double rings. The bottom rings give the blue effect as a background to the cockpit panels. It looks pretty good once its all set and I usually do these and the dials that set the overhead too (2 on the overhead). Theirs a lot of scope been left for the individual by PMDG with these adjustment dials, nicely done. Sorry for not being that descriptive and using proper terms. I take a drug that sends signals to the brain to kill severe pain. In doing so it kills memory and thought control at certain intervals so I leave the gas on, put hot drinks in the fridge etc and know nothing of what I`ve done. Memory loss is the biggest problem and even after using these planes for years I have a brick wall in my head now at times, others I`m fairly lucid. But I try to get my point across as best I can. At the moment I`m having to take extra meds so its worse. Steve

Sweet. Great job, in fact I was considering something similar but never really got motivated, for exactly that reason, that the parameters are undocumented. Hope someone knowledgable will shed some light on the issue soon, though. sig.gif

Is someone can tell me the effect of "VC BACKGROUND".
They never did much for me. Also don't mess the COLOR_XXX items. If edited without knowing what one does they will seriously screw up all colors. Not in any predicatble way too. sig.gif

You are right badderjet!Color & all Factor ares very sensitive and unpredictable.If I find nothing about those parameters I'll take it off of my program.

Mike Provencal

I did mine, but very mildly compared to most I've seen. Just enough toyellow the light just a tad, but still leave the background panel colorlooking fairly gray. I used what seemed to be fairly color correct videoof a Southwest Airlines simulator at night to set mine.A much milder yellow color than most.. I'll take a shot of it later when Iget a chance.

Got a slight problem :( I cant find the 737NGX_Colors.CFG file... If Im missing something hear please direct me too the file thanks!! Also, Awsome modification!!

It's in the PMDG 737 NGX folder under the FSX PMDG folder. Save a backup beforeediting in case things get funky.. :/

This is the version I came up with. Like I say, not a huge change. Just adds a bitmore yellow to the flood lights. No change during the day, and it looks real goodat dusk/dawn. Myself, I don't think the real one is quite as orange as some I see.Think some of that is due to cameras and white balance. I went through a lot ofvideos, pictures, etc just to see how they varied, and a video made by SouthwestAirlines of their Dallas simulators seemed to have the best white balance on thevideo. Farther back, they looked a tad orange, but when up closer, not so much..And to me, the white balance seemed closer on the close shots. More of a yellowingof the light, rather than a orange look.Anyway.. I adjusted this to get fairly close to what I saw on that sim video.Myself, I think you should still pretty much see the gray color of the panels, evenwith the yellowish flood lights. That's how it looked on the Southwest sim anyway..I don't have the floods on full bright. About 3/4 or so.. This is about how I runwhen I'm flying at night. Sometimes a tad lower..night.jpg