Sign in to follow this  
Vladtop

Final Approach Attitude

Sorry for the confusion i just meant that not all aircraft cruise with the nose level at the horizon like you said earlier.
Ok, so it depends on the type of aircraft I suppose , I only fly the smaller ones :)

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

when you say cruise with pitch up , what does it mean , a bit confused about this question. Because when you pitch up let's say 1 deg , u r actually 1 deg. above the horizon.
You need to read about the 4 forces that works on a plane.One of the is lift. For airplanes like the 747 you cant cruise with the attitude at 0 cause that way the AoA of the wings is not enough to produce lift. It's not like a cessna 150 where the wight of the airplane is such that you cant flight level at 0 attitud.

Ok, so it depends on the type of aircraft I suppose , I only fly the smaller ones :)
No problem. :)Regarding op's original question i have never flown the 737 or read the ngx manuals. Work Rolling%20Eyes.gif But looking at the video posted above i think that the ngx flies similar to the video. I could be wrong and ready to be proven wrong.

Check out the MD-11 if you want to see nose up tendency. They tweaked the DC-10 wing rather than design a new wing. Lift was compromised. Martin Wilby

You need to read about the 4 forces that works on a plane.One of the is lift. For airplanes like the 747 you cant cruise with the attitude at 0 cause that way the AoA of the wings is not enough to produce lift. It's not like a cessna 150 where the wight of the airplane is such that you cant flight level at 0 attitud.
I know the forces that work on the plane LIFT/ weight /drag / thrust . Lift counteracts weight and thrust counteracts drag. I have done ground training years back :) but never completed it. Ok so it is airplane depended . So it is that due to the weight of 737 and certain AOA would be needed , I fly small ones :)

A positive pitch could be due to the effects of flaps ?
No flaps, Beech is in holding pattern :) PFD usually is more sensitive that traditional gyro AI. I get about 3 to 4 degrees in straight and level flight depending on airspeed

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

No flaps, Beech is in holding pattern :) PFD usually is more sensitive that traditional gyro AI. I get about 3 to 4 degrees in straight and level flight depending on airspeed
I actually understood , I confused my self :). But what could be the problem with the OP's landing ?

I actually understood , I confused my self :).But what could be the problem with the OP's landing ?
I believe that he thinks that the approach pitch up angle is to little and the the flare angle is to little. ( I dont know the correct terms.)

I believe that he thinks that the approach pitch up angle is to little and the the flare angle is to little. ( I dont know the correct terms.)
From what I have been taught all aircrafts can use a 3 deg GS, and I was taught not to use the instruments during a contact flight but just for reference and checks , can't a pilot in a 737 do that ? is the pilot too dependent on the instruments ? I know she is a very big girl. It could be just a bug in the PMDG NGX he can send a support ticket hopefully they will sort it out.

Ok guys, this is a very interesting topic and I see you are mixing some things up (jet engines, reverse comand...), so... I'm writing shortly and I'll try explain what I remember from my ATPL training days.

Omar Josef
737/757/767

Ok guys, this is a very interesting topic and I see you are mixing some things up (jet engines, reverse comand...), so... I'm writing shortly and I'll try explain what I remember from my ATPL training days.
Great , was just waiting for someone who has RL flight experience.

Re attitude see this chart for some guidance. I know it's for the 200ADV and the P&W engines... :) Bill Bulfer had a good diagram in his book Boeing 737NG Cockpit Companion re attitudes in the NG Cheers,

Hmmm. If you mean PMDG 737NGX can you show any screenshot of your approach?
Yep sorry chaps, you are right. Just checked with both flaps 30 and flaps 40, and the pitch is indeed 0 degrees instead of plus 2.5 degrees. You guys were right. Martin Wilby

Oh well, disregard my last post. I just tested it on the sim, and the attitude really is 0º on final approach.

Omar Josef
737/757/767

How come it is that way ? Is it the same on the real one ?