Sign in to follow this  
Eraser74

ILS frequencies in FMC not correct

So can we update the FSX database all at once or do we have to do this as part of flight planning on a field by field basis? Its inpractical to check every airfield and every runway you might use, what if your diverting?

Usually any custom scenery (even just afcad) should provide you up-to-date navigation. In extreme case there are no custom scenery you can do it by yourself, it's really not big job, maybe few minutes. In FS9 and FSX I found just one or two incorrect ILS frequencies... so that database, although old, is not so bad.

OK thanks for that, I suppose at any moment an ILS can fail in RL in which case we go to plan B. (NDB approach!) If it happens to be at your favorite FSX airport then it becomes worthwhile learning how to fix it in the sim database. However magnetic headings are changing fairly quickly so I suppose it is easy to end up with lots of very crooked approaches after 5 years..

I will see and check if Aerosoft has an update for Frankfurt. Because if the FMC data is correct then the blame lies on that scenery. Edit: I just found out that Aerosoft doesn´t do online updates! If one owns the original CD with the airport and there was an update you have to send them the whole CD, pay them 15 euros and get a new one! What a waste! Why not do downloadable updates?? Great, so I will have to edit the frequencies by hand, it seems!

I will see and check if Aerosoft has an update for Frankfurt. Because if the FMC data is correct then the blame lies on that scenery. Edit: I just found out that Aerosoft doesn´t do online updates! If one owns the original CD with the airport and there was an update you have to send them the whole CD, pay them 15 euros and get a new one! What a waste! Why not do downloadable updates?? Great, so I will have to edit the frequencies by hand, it seems!
Hallo, Oliver, that is not true. Log into the support database from Aerosoft (you have to register there if not done already), there you will find the updated AFCAD for MegaAirport EDDF both for FS2004 and FSX and this update, by the way, was done shortly after the ILS frequencies changed. And this update is for the CD version too!
Dieses Update aktualisiert den Mega Airport Frankfurt (FSX) auf die aktuelle Version 1.04.Inhalt:- AESlite- überarbeitete Szeneriedateien- verbesserte Autogenanpassung- aktualisierte AFD-Dateien mit neuen ILS-FrequenzenDownloadgröße: 38 MBAchtung: Dieses Update benötigt eine installierte Version vom Mega Airport Frankfurt X (CD oder Download)
Grüße Ralf Stock Whistle.gif

OK thanks, was a little confusing and frankly....I didn´t believe it, but it´s strange not to have updates on the product page and instead hidden in some menu. Grüße Oliver

The best thing you can do is make update your sceneries. AFCADs are a very minimally invasive way to ensure your airports are up to date. I run a search on AVSIM before I fly to a new airport and install the latest AFCAD.

The good thing with FSC (the last time I checked) is that it reads the frequencies from your AFCAD. So whether right or wrong this tool tells you the frequency you need to be using.Chris

The good thing with FSC (the last time I checked) is that it reads the frequencies from your AFCAD. So whether right or wrong this tool tells you the frequency you need to be using.
Yep - same thing with Aivlasoft EFB, the charts it generates will always have frequencies that work with your scenery.

The good thing with FSC (the last time I checked) is that it reads the frequencies from your AFCAD. So whether right or wrong this tool tells you the frequency you need to be using. Chris
Ok, good to know! So instead of getting the ILS freq and course from the CDU's Approach page, I should look at FSC and use those...? Won't the NGX get confused then...?

worst thing you may (i'm not really sure, just reasoning) experience is lack of AP ILS tracking. So, maybe you will have to fly that ILS manually

Ok, good to know! So instead of getting the ILS freq and course from the CDU's Approach page, I should look at FSC and use those...? Won't the NGX get confused then...?
No it won´t. That is what I do know, check the frequencies in FSC with the on the CDU. If it doesn´t match, then I use the one from FSC....so far it has worked all of the time. Applying the update for Frankfurt at the moment....have to check if the ILS frequencies are changed.

The CDU won't get confused, though you will have to tune the ils frequency manually. Autoland should work fine too.Chris

OK, so updating the scenery with the patch from Aerosoft helped! Now 25L is 111.15.