Sign in to follow this  
Eraser74

ILS frequencies in FMC not correct

I noticed that too on EDDF 25Lshould be 110.7 (for fsx) and in fmc it is 111.15 (rw)but this is an error in the airac database ... just dont trust the fmc blindly ... always confirm on charts edit:I wouldn't call it error, but it doesn't fit with the fsx frequences so you need to be careful

110.7 works for EDDF 25L .Wonder where the data comes from ?

Herbert Werni

110.7 works for EDDF 25L .Wonder where the data comes from ?

As was described to you earlier:

110.7 is the very old frequency in the sim. The new frequency gets published in the nav data because it has been changed in the real world. This means that, in order to keep things up to date, you should also update your scenery.

Kyle Rodgers

As was described to you earlier:

110.7 is the very old frequency in the sim. The new frequency gets published in the nav data because it has been changed in the real world. This means that, in order to keep things up to date, you should also update your scenery.

or do this..   http://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids3.html

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Sorry for my ignorance but how do I update my scenery ? And which ones ?

HubertWerni

Buy the payware airport from Aerosoft at - http://www.shop.aerosoft.com/eshop.php?action=article_detail&s_supplier_aid=10730&s_design=DEFAULT&shopfilter_category=Flight%20Simulation&s_language=german. Or search the internet on how to change an AFCAD.

Still be cautious even with Aerosoft EDDF because they still have an obsolete configuration for 25L and there will be differences between charts and scenery. In this case you can use the Aerosoft documentation but it's a trap for the poor memory challenged like myself.

Dan Downs KCRP

they still have an obsolete configuration for 25L

Dan

What's obsolete about it? I land on 25L at EDDF two or three times a week in the 777F with no issues. There was an update several years ago that added 8L/24R. So there are now three parallel runways and one heading south. Maybe 25L was changed with that update.

Michael, I have the runway update adding the third parallel. The last time I used the 25L arrival I found that the old second threshold and localizer that has been removed was still in the model. It was called the ILS26L approach but it had a displaced threshold on RNW 25L.  It thew me because I was using current charts from eurocontrol and my choices in the FMS included a 26L that did not exist on the charts, and I didn't look at the Aerosoft documentation until after the flight, and was surprised by this finding because I'd never seen anything like this before. I guess it was a way to increase runway utilization before the new parallel was completed.

Dan Downs KCRP