Sign in to follow this  
Haito

TrackIR

Here's a question for all you that use trackir. How do you get it to hold still to click a button? It drifts to much, I really want to use it.
Just decrease the sensitivity for a moment while you're turning the knob or whatever it is you are doing. I believe the default hotkey is F11 or F10 -- something around there. When you're done, put sensitivity back to normal.Trevor

I rarely used my TrackIR but loved it anyway and didn`t regret purchasing it. Then I saw people talking about EZdok so much I got it, thinking about using it instead. What I found though was the one compliments the other so successfully. EZdok gets you to a specific loacation, an area you want to look at in particular and locks your view into that area as a camera view. But then TrackIR becomes the camera within the camera and allows the panning and zooming thats not so smooth as clicking preset views with EZdok. I am totally hooked on both and I wouldn`t say I cannot fly without but I doubt very much I`d want to. No more crick in the neck trying to maintain a view at a particular object. No more panicing looking for the right area needed at that one specific time, EZdok sees to that and as a bonus has motion features too. TrackIR is the cream on the cake, EZdok is the best damn cake you never ate. ;-)

I have a button to pause trackir on my throttle ...or I'm using ezdok for it

P.L. Tran

AMD Ryzen 5800x; 32 GB Ram; EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3; Win10 64 Bit

Either by practice (after a while you get very good at hitting buttons despite the motion) or by pressing the button that makes TrackIR freeze temporarily. But that's only really necessary in heavy turbulence after a while.
I can honestly see the point of TrackIR etc. in a very realistic MilSim like DCS A10 where you have to be all over the sky and hands on in a combat situation...but could someone please explain why anyone would actually need it with say NGX when EZDok can be set up to provide everything you need from a few programmable buttons? Andrew Vincent
I don't buy the wanting to look out the window argument at all I'm afraid. However, it sounds like some people love using it, maybe I should give it a go. Andrew Vincent

I bought Hat-track by VRinsight. I can not use it together Ezdok cam. I have a button to pause it when the ezdok cam is in use but in my mind I would like use both togheter to see the effects from ezdok cam.

When I first jumped into the 737 cockpit with the TIR (track clip version) I was really 'unconfortable'. I also fly the DCS A-10C and it's like being there!!!!, but in PMDG, even tunning the axis, zoom, etc in TIR, I can't get the thing to work as it should be. But I've found the solution EZDok, works perfectly along with TIR, just program a few buttons of my Hotas Warthog (nothing serious if you are a A-10C driver)Whistle.gif

El Aeropayo
Paco GALINDO

pmdgbanner2_zps5157ad06.jpg

It's very personally of course. I don't use TrackIR 5 nor EZDOK anymore.I did assign the PMDG views with FSCUIPC on the buttons of the SAITEK Quadrant (6 possibilities) and 2 on the yoke (FMC and radio)

Frans Dekker / IVAO SPP / AFR074

IMO, hand flying the NGX is much much easier and enjoyable with TrackIR... Above 5-10k its paused 90% of the time, but below that it's unbeatable for its immersion factor. It really give a "VR"-like feel to the cockpit, having to physically tilt my head upwards to manipulate the overhead, or turn to the right to see the Bonanza at 2 o'clock, or to judge a base-to-final turn. It offers a level of control that a hat or static POVs do not, and I couldn't fly without it!

Here's a question for all you that use trackir. How do you get it to hold still to click a button? It drifts to much, I really want to use it.
I have TrackIR pause set to my middle mouse button/roller.

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

I have a button on my yoke for pausing input, but for the most part the control resolution is fine enough to hold the view steady while I'm turning a knob or flipping a switch.

Assign another button on your yoke as "precision mode." That seems to slow TrackIR down to where you can set course, heading, or anything like that. Pause works well too. I read all posts here before diving into TrackIR, with, I must admit, much skepticism. I thought it was just something I was going to have to live with with PMDG making an even larger step towards ending use of 2D panels. Wow - I was wrong. I am hooked and cannot figure out how I ever flew without it. Feel like a complete idiot for not having it sooner. Realism is incredible. Thanks to everyone here who recommended it. Will Chambers

Valid opinions, but mine is now gathering dust in a draw since EzDok and a wireless headset. Mine spend most of the time paused when trying to hit button hotspots. I used it on my BAe Hawk and it's nice for circuits, but for heavy tin it's a gonner.

Agreed. It's great with A-10 and in GA planes, but I cant stand it in an airliner. I spend too much time trying to get my head in the exact right point in space to see through the HUGS right as well as see the instruments right

Noah Bryant

I use trackir, but you could try tracknoir, all you need is a webcam, and its free.............try their website oh and no clips or headgear either. lloyd jones Ive read that if you want to buy a webcam for tracknoir, the sony ps3 one is recommended for the pc.high frame rates etc please do your own research.

but I cant stand it in an airliner. I spend too much time trying to get my head in the exact right point in space to see through the HUGS right as well as see the instruments right
No problem here.