Sign in to follow this  
wanabflyer

How many FPS do we really need?

30FPS is acceptable to me, im getting 24 though at major airports with slider to the right (Autogen dense and texture at 7cm) but i dont use AI and only fly on VATSIM, My current rig is in my sig, im currently debating if its worth going to a SB setup or wait for Ivy Bridge.

Do yourselves a favour, reinstall fs9 and enjoy what a 100fps feel like... now, realize how hard it was for us, fs9 users to modify our standards (ex fs9 users that is). Comming from machines able to pull off 100+fps with the most complex addons, it was a bit hard to "be ok" with 30fps. The only reason i switched to fsx is NGX. The only reason kept using fs9, was PMDG's original NG.

Omar Josef
737/757/767

Do yourselves a favour, reinstall fs9 and enjoy what a 100fps feel like... now, realize how hard it was for us, fs9 users to modify our standards (ex fs9 users that is). Comming from machines able to pull off 100+fps with the most complex addons, it was a bit hard to "be ok" with 30fps. The only reason i switched to fsx is NGX. The only reason kept using fs9, was PMDG's original NG.
Congratulations to being the first in this thread (first in the entire NGX forum?!) to start the FS9 vs. FSX debate. Party.gif Lol. I hope you're happy with yourself! If I wanted FS9, I'd have it on my system! I modified my standards for FSX! My hardware standards. Increased. Graphical standards. Increased. I truly wish FS9 gave me the same enjoyment it used to, but certain payware add ons have turned me to FSX for good.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

I whole heartedly agree with Zach, i cannot go back to FS9, there have been a lot of "game changing" addons for FSX that have changed the way i sim for good.

I agree anything above 25-30 is fabulous.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

I'm with Zach and Simon. I switched from FS9 to FSX for the MD-11, and I never looked back....shorly after that, I gave up my Iomega Zip drive for an external hard drive.

Chris Hicks

Congratulations to being the first in this thread (first in the entire NGX forum?!) to start the FS9 vs. FSX debate. Party.gif Lol. I hope you're happy with yourself! If I wanted FS9, I'd have it on my system! I modified my standards for FSX, alright! My hardware standards. Increased. Graphical standards. Increased. I truly wish FS9 gave me the same enjoyment it used to, but certain payware add ons have turned me to FSX for good.
I only mentioned it to make a point for those saying that 30fps is as good as it get in terms of immersion. As in, "wanna know what it feels like to get 100fps? Run an old game and you'll see". I never tried to start the fs9 vs fsx debate. In fact, that debate only made sense a couple years ago. As I tried to say (maybe my english is not as good as i thought), I am now completely FSX converted. There's actually more to it... When i started studying for my ATPL, I stopped using Flight Simulator for some reason (i used fs9 back then). I guess I got all I needed from my actual flying, I was also tired from studying and I was a bit fed up with the sims at my FTO. I also didn't want the feel of FS ruin my adaptation to the FNPT. So now, a couple years after training, i saw that the NGX had finally been released and immediately installed FSX. So, again, not trying to debate anything other than The more FPS, the better.

Omar Josef
737/757/767

my set up is not very fast, I get 20-23fps in 2d and about 12 in v cockpit, I use the d3d_antilag dll to limit frames set at 25fps, i have rex, ult ter euro and usa with ground env, autogen is set at normal with %10 traffic, using the antilag dll has really helped and i rarely get stutters, the only tweak i have is the hi mem one in the pmdg notes nothing else. amd dual core 2.4, 3gig stock ram, 250 gig stock HDD and nvidia 7600gt 256mb, nothing clocked (wouldnt no were to start)

I just love those old b/w movies where people seem to move around in twice the normal speed just because the film was shot in a lower fps than today's films.Maybe, if we'd lower our daily fps to, let's say 12, we'd be able to squeeze everything in, in our daily routines that we could only wish for! Our Families - wives - kids, hobbies like flight simmin', playin' the guitars. Wouldn't that be great? Idea.gif

for fsx Set with no fluctuations at 40fps tongue.png :D
I cant seem to find the "no fluctuations" tick box in my graphics card settings. LOL.gif

Chris Hicks

I only mentioned it to make a point for those saying that 30fps is as good as it get in terms of immersion. As in, "wanna know what it feels like to get 100fps? Run an old game and you'll see". I never tried to start the fs9 vs fsx debate. In fact, that debate only made sense a couple years ago. As I tried to say (maybe my english is not as good as i thought), I am now completely FSX converted. There's actually more to it... When i started studying for my ATPL, I stopped using Flight Simulator for some reason (i used fs9 back then). I guess I got all I needed from my actual flying, I was also tired from studying and I was a bit fed up with the sims at my FTO. I also didn't want the feel of FS ruin my adaptation to the FNPT. So now, a couple years after training, i saw that the NGX had finally been released and immediately installed FSX. So, again, not trying to debate anything other than The more FPS, the better.
My post was mostly tongue in cheek. I understand the frustrations, and actually went through a "mini"burnout with FSX. But here I am again!

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Framerates are kind of like the engine in your car. I could get around town just fine with a little 75 hp inline four, it'll get the job done... but I like dragging a 4.6L V8 with me everywhere I go anyway.

My post was mostly tongue in cheek. I understand the frustrations, and actually went through a "mini"burnout with FSX. But here I am again!
Yeah, also, fs9 is better Just Kidding.gif

Omar Josef
737/757/767