Sign in to follow this  
fakeflyer737

TOPCAT NGX

Guys, I bought TOPCAT and I have FSUIPC. I cannot get TOPCAT to actually send my Payloads/Fuel to the airplane, am I doing something wrong or is the NGX not compatible with TOPCAT?CHeers

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

I believe the manual says to only use the CDU for pax and fuel loading. What I do is I input the ZFW into the CDU under the 'FS Actions' submenu according to what I set in Topcat. PMDG automatically distributes the pax and cargo in such a way that the plane is within CG constraints

Given that the latest (beta) version of TOPCAT is from February 2011, I'm not sure how you got the idea that it supports the NGX directly... I'm sure it will in the future but it definitely doesn't right now.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I thought you just point TOPCAT to the NGX's CFG and it works? Guess not.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

What I do is I input the ZFW into the CDU under the 'FS Actions' submenu according to what I set in Topcat. PMDG automatically distributes the pax and cargo in such a way that the plane is within CG constraints
You could also press the "Payload Distribution" button on the "W & B" screen. That will give you all the pax and cargo numbers to plug into the CDU.

Worth noting that the CDU can put your ZFW from Fuel and Payload in for you if you wish !!It will also put the CG in for you and calculate the trim too. ( in the Takeoff Page ) This is an undocumented feature.

The problem with working TOPCAT first and then loading the CDU is that the ZFW from TOPCAT will be different to the NGX. You can manually change it but then TOPCAT wants you to point to the NGX aircraft.cfg file so it can try and change to ZFW (something you certainly don't want to do right now with this version). If anyone has a work around to this please let me know. I think the better way is to change the ZFW to match TOPCAT and go from there. Mark.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000