Sign in to follow this  
ArjenVdv

How to create a COROUTE?

Hello,Currently I'm in a new way of flightplanning. At the moment I'm using vRoute, and rfinder.asalink.net/freeI want to create a .rte file for coroute for in the FMC. But when I want to do that in vRoute, I will need the premium version. As I don't want to pay for that I use FSBuild 2.3. I simply paste the vRoute flightplan in FSBuild. Then I set Export to... to "MSFS PMDG". Then I click BUILD. But then I get an error message saying: "Unable to create PMDG/FLIGHTPLANS/(flightplan).rte". So I checked the PMDG folder, and I do have the FLIGHTPLANS folder in there. So what am I doing wrong and why doesn't it want to create a flightplan for me?Thanks in advance,Arjen Vandervelde

This is an issue with FSBuild and not the NGX. Have you verified that your directory for your saves is going to the correct area? (under the options directory)

Not at home to double check this, but doesn't FSBuild have 2 PMDG export directory settings that need to be configured (I could be remembering incorrectly)? I have no trouble using FSBuild to create PMDG-compatible routes for use in the NGX FMC.

How and where do I configure these directories then?

IIRC, click on the "Options" folder then look at the bottom of the screen at the tabs.

Hi! I'm using FSBuild2 to plan my flights. A great advantage as it exports the flight plan to .pln format (for RC4) and for PMDG. Easy to load the flight as CO ROUTE then.

IIRC, click on the "Options" folder then look at the bottom of the screen at the tabs.
I did, and when I go to the Export Directories I can't even set the directory for the PMDG/FLIGHTPLANS, there's only a BROWSE button next to the FSX/FS2004 directory location. So I set that directory and it still doesn't work.Arjen Vandervelde

Pop over to the FSBUILD support forum. It will answer all these questions. Very helpfull.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I did, and when I go to the Export Directories I can't even set the directory for the PMDG/FLIGHTPLANS, there's only a BROWSE button next to the FSX/FS2004 directory location. So I set that directory and it still doesn't work. Arjen Vandervelde
Do you see options for "Export to" aircraft? Probably best to head to the FSBuild forum as Wanabflyer suggested. I'm going purely off memory here at the office and those settings are ones I haven't touched for a few years. ;)

Do you see options for "Export to" aircraft? Probably best to head to the FSBuild forum as Wanabflyer suggested. I'm going purely off memory here at the office and those settings are ones I haven't touched for a few years. ;)
Yes as I said when I go to Export to... I see different aircraft. I don't see the NGX though. Just MSFS PMDG 737/747, so I choose that one. The other one is for PMDG for Fly! 2, which is not relevant.Arjen Vandervelde

I am not on my FSX rig right now but i believe that after setting your path to FSX and the aircraft nav data folders that you wand to export to, you have to go to another tab where you save what you did to the Fsbuild data base. Something like that, but like i said, go to the support forum it's quite good. Edit. If you are still looking tonight i can be more accurate as to what to do.

Rick Hobbs

The NGX won't be in the option list, it's just too new for the more glacial FSBuild. ;) You're on the right path, but as Wanab mentioned, I think there's more you have to do to enable everything. Be sure to double check the export directory settings after selecting the PMDG export options.

The NGX won't be in the option list, it's just too new for the more glacial FSBuild. ;) You're on the right path, but as Wanab mentioned, I think there's more you have to do to enable everything. Be sure to double check the export directory settings after selecting the PMDG export options.
Where can I set this? There is no browse button next to the PMDG 737NG, in the Options/Export Directories folder.

How do you save an entered route via the FMC? I hit SAVE but it doesn't seem to know what I'm on about when I try and load it again. Best regards,Robin.

Yes i believe the navdata for the 747/md-11/737 are all one folder unless i'm mistaken.

Rick Hobbs