Sign in to follow this  
Haito

..and another often overlooked tweak...

If using Windows7 have you selected 'High Performance' rather than 'Balanced' under control panel/Performance information and tools ? Makes a difference... Andrew Vincent

If using Windows7 have you selected 'High Performance' rather than 'Balanced' under control panel/Performance information and tools ? Makes a difference... Andrew Vincent
Are you referring to the Power Options? You're seeing what is a placebo effect, I'm afraid...

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Are you referring to the Power Options? You're seeing what is a placebo effect, I'm afraid...
In which case you just spoiled the placebo....wink.png

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

In which case you just spoiled the placebo....wink.png
Haha. I feel terrible! But this goes as a reminder to be wary of some user's "tweaks" and not to believe everything you hear. I will say this, there are powerful options in the Power Options menu. But no miracle tweaks for more FPS.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Placebo..wasn't he one of the Three Tenors? Oh well, worth a shot... Andrew Vincent

Placebo..wasn't he one of the Three Tenors? Oh well, worth a shot... Andrew Vincent
No !! He was one of the 4 Fivers !! LOL.gif

placebo? i wouldnt say that. some laptop companies adjust that profile. in my case, if i run battlefield on balanced (changed by samsung) it runs at very low fps, if i have it on high performance, there is no problem at all.

placebo? i wouldnt say that. some laptop companies adjust that profile. in my case, if i run battlefield on balanced (changed by samsung) it runs at very low fps, if i have it on high performance, there is no problem at all.
This is true! Sorry I didn't mention manufacturer's laptop profiles, --your name here--.

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

That's probably because in advanced power options, the balanced profile won't allow the CPU to run at 100%

Zach is right I'm afraid. I thought I saw an increase in FPS but it turns out I'd only taken a sugar pill.

Chris Hicks