Sign in to follow this  
bradrcfii

Throttle will not come to idle for landing

If stopped on the ground, my CH throttles will bring the engines back to about 24%, a good idle position. However during the landing flare, the same hardware throttle position only brings the engines back to 35% making it difficult to hit the touchdone zone. I am using FSINN for calibration and thought about the manuals warning to use FSX but again, while on the ground, the engines come back to 24%. In autoland, touchdown was at about 33% Are these power settings normal or do you have any idea why the same hardware throttle position are different when stopped versus a 120 knot landing flare? Thanks,

That's because the EECs have the engines at approach Idle, which is roughly 36% N1, nothing to do with hardware, that's just how the real plane works...

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

So if they stay at 35% which is approach IDLE, how do they then completely shut so allowing me to select reverse, at the moment i have to open the throttle after landing and then shut them and then select reverse thrust, so as you can imagine a few feet has passed since landing so i dont actually start slowing using reverse thrust for some time

So if they stay at 35% which is approach IDLE, how do they then completely shut so allowing me to select reverse, at the moment i have to open the throttle after landing and then shut them and then select reverse thrust, so as you can imagine a few feet has passed since landing so i dont actually start slowing using reverse thrust for some time
Squat switch?

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

I also noticed when I put the gear down, (at around 170knts and I am reducing to landing speed.) the autopilot applies more trust. Is this correct too?

The key thing that happens different here than in the real plane is that in FSX they can't simulate the different idle settings commanded by the EECs so the throttles will actually move to those corresponding positions instead of commanding them from the idle position. I hope I said that in a way that makes sense.

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg