Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WR269

Hydraulics question

Made my second full flight n the NGX (am loving it, by the way!)... Just something peculiar last night....after push back and start....I noticed my HYD quantities to have changed.... I thought....let's see what happens....then on climb...things got reversed!!!! it stayed this way until landing....and on engine shutdown at destination....the HYD QTY values were totally different once again! Any ideas?? I will try the maintenance option, but I found it odd that the quantity would change from sysA to B and back again after the flight????

Will Reynolds

Flight Sim Addict

Posted Image

Hi,The diffrent HYD QTY are reasons of the extended, retracted gear. But probably you would have killed the hydraulic system on a long flight, because you have to switch off the gear leaver. In the middel position it is off. Jonathan

John Rubens
PMDG_ngx_T7_sig.jpg

interesting to find what caused that....i wonder if its a transfer of fluid because the gear handle was in the up position for so long....is that possible?

Bryan Richards

"People depend so much on automation that they forget how to get the automation to work." B.W.

Hi, The diffrent HYD QTY are reasons of the extended, retracted gear.But probably you would have killed the hydraulic system on a long flight, because you have to switch off the gear leaver. In the middel position it is off. Jonathan
Disregard that, I took the photo whilst on initial climb...I always put the lever in OFF...I found the differences peculiar...with all systems running and ready to taxy, I got one set of values....on climb out and gear retracted, they reversed...after shutdown, totally different again....I am reading some documents....it appears this is correct, as the quantities are varying depending on the systems powered...talk about realism!!!!!

Will Reynolds

Flight Sim Addict

Posted Image

All hydraulic components that uses pistons like on spoilers, slats, landing gears... to extend will need a quantity of hyd fluid filled in..So, every time you move them there is a quantity change. PMDG did a good job on it.The only hydraulic not simulated item I found is the hyd brake pressure gauge (and its function). I can still brake without pressure time, and time... and the accumulator pressure remains at around 3000PSI.

Regards

Andrea Daviero

Tried again hyd brake accumulator. It works but only if airplane is moving. By breaking wit it not moving will not discharge pressure.When brakes are fully discharged I tried to brake and I was unable (normal condition) but, by restoring HYD B pressure, wit brakes back to 3000PSI I was still unable to brake.

Regards

Andrea Daviero

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

43%
    $10,910.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now