Sign in to follow this  
dfreemanfso

Any one running 3 monitors...How's performance?

Probably about 20 fps in this picture, UK2000 Gatwick Extreme, UTX, GEX, REX, UT2 traffic at max. Drops a bit when taxying - say 15 fps.

Regards

Howard

H D Isaacs

Here are my pics!! As you can see i got a bit carried away Nicholas BoskovicSome more Nicholas BoskovicAnd the last few Nicholas Boskovic

I'm mostly at a steady 30fps locked, except at aerosoft EHAM where it drops to 15-20 fps with 100% traffic ( ultimate traffic 2 )On the smaller airports and in the air the experience is nice and smooth.(BTW, Do you guys have WideView = TRUE, because I don't really like the "smearing" effect in the peripheral vision when it is turned on, however the HGS is difficult to use with it set to FALSE, so I guess I'll have to live with it)Regards,

Arjen Nederstigt

System:

Intel Skylake Core i7 6700K @ 4.0GHz / Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme / Kingston 2x8GB, DDR4, 2666MHz, CL15

Microsoft Windows 10 Home 

I'm running a i7 920 oc'd to 3.8 gigs, 6 gigs of memory, ATI HD 5800 vid card and the digital THTG on three monitors. I'm using an external frame limiter/unlimited frames set in the sim. I have the F/O displays off and I run the lowest resolution REX clouds with ASX Evolution running the weather. In the Seattle area using ORBX, i'm usually around 16 - 20 on the ground depending on the aspect and the number of UT2 ai aircraft. I have my ai set pretty low. Under 5,000 feet, the frames displayed by sim are usually around 20 - 22 with spikes up around 30. As I get up above that level the plane is usually in the high 20s to low thiries. Onf final I'm usually in the high teens on final to low 20s. Depends on the airport. My only add on airport is KSFO - and it has a huge impact. On final I'm ususally at about 11 or 12 - I'm about to uninstall it. It isn't worth the performance hit. Using some of the ******* tweaks the sim is pretty smooth even in the high teens. Weather has by far the greatest impact - it can bring 20s down to low teens in heavier clouds - that's why I use the low res. REX clouds. Hope this helps. Colin WareSeattle

most of these screenshots .....i honestly cannot imagine how you could enjoy those aspect ratios in the VC some of them look like they're taken with a fish-eye lens. what zoom factor are you guys using anyway here? myself, i'm using 3840x1024 with TH2G using 3 x 19inch screens and i try to use factor .4 or .5 .3 is already too disturbed and the runway will look too small anyway

Antoine v Heck
---
Ryzen 5800X3D, 32Gb DDR4 RAM@1600 Mhz, RTX3090 (24GB VRAM). 2TB SSD - VR with Quest 2 via link cable 

most of these screenshots .....i honestly cannot imagine how you could enjoy those aspect ratios in the VC some of them look like they're taken with a fish-eye lens. what zoom factor are you guys using anyway here? myself, i'm using 3840x1024 with TH2G using 3 x 19inch screens and i try to use factor .4 or .5 .3 is already too disturbed and the runway will look too small anyway
how do you change the factor your mentioned on a TH2G set up ?

I'm mostly at a steady 30fps locked, except at aerosoft EHAM where it drops to 15-20 fps with 100% traffic ( ultimate traffic 2 )On the smaller airports and in the air the experience is nice and smooth. (BTW, Do you guys have WideView = TRUE, because I don't really like the "smearing" effect in the peripheral vision when it is turned on, however the HGS is difficult to use with it set to FALSE, so I guess I'll have to live with it) Regards,
Hi Argen,Any memory issues with the 3GB Card?ThanksAndrew

Andrew Dixon
"If common sense was compulsory everyone would have it but I am afraid this is not the case"

Hi Arjen,Any memory issues with the 3GB Card?ThanksAndrew
Hi Andrew, until now no problems whatsoever with the 737NGX. Regards,

Arjen Nederstigt

System:

Intel Skylake Core i7 6700K @ 4.0GHz / Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme / Kingston 2x8GB, DDR4, 2666MHz, CL15

Microsoft Windows 10 Home 

I'm using 3840x1024 with TH2G with 3 x 27 inch screens and am running 15 to 30 FPS on a nVidia GTX560.

Joe Porter

ngxu_banner.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Beta_Tester.jpg

how do you change the factor your mentioned on a TH2G set up ?
i was referring to the zoom factor in FSX you can apply with the "-/+" keys,with .3 i mean 30%, .4 40% etc. when switching from a single screen to triple screen you will notice, especially in the VC, that the default zoom factor 1.0 is impossible. You will need to zoom out considerably. I used to work with 30% but now i know to find my way in the VC (using TrackIR) i know where to look and i can handle 40-50% zoom. This, i believe, is also a bit friendlier on the framerate simply because less information needs to be drawn on the screen the higher your zoom factor.

Antoine v Heck
---
Ryzen 5800X3D, 32Gb DDR4 RAM@1600 Mhz, RTX3090 (24GB VRAM). 2TB SSD - VR with Quest 2 via link cable 

3 22 inch monitors running on eye infinity ati 6970 resolution of 5040x1080 i2600k o/c4,7 frames locked at 30 using external limiter and generally that's what they sit at, using Linda which gives you a average fps reading flying into busy complex areas my lowest average as been 23 but it's very smooth, and in my experience fsx could do with a smooth counter rather than fps as on my old set up I could have higher fps yet was no where near as smooth.I have loads of add ons etc and sliders all at max virtually except water low2. I do run all my external stuff though on a networked pc, so ase etc which keeps memory and CPU free on fsx pc.Apart from 2 panel freezes the nix runs well, I spent most of my time flying the leveld 767 and really the ngx doesnt seem to effect the fps etc anymore than that.