Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lagraf05

Short Field Package

Another post, but for someone who is used to steam workings of the J41 the 737 is a big step forward, getting used to it quite quickly though. I have a question regarding the Short Field Package. Namely, how does one use it? This may be an inane and silly question, but I would hugely appreciate some guidance. Also, are there any visual indicators (inside or out) as to whether it is "installed" on the aircraft? Thanks again Raffaele

hi raffaele, do a search, this was asked already, and was explained by the developers but short answer, its not really something you just use, when selecting it, there are some changes made to the aircraft that reduce the landing/takeoff distance performance

Bryan Richards

"People depend so much on automation that they forget how to get the automation to work." B.W.

Ah I thought so, just wanted it confirmed. Managed to get the 737 into Guernsey of all places, albeit with a very light fuel load. As regards thrust I don't think so, you can select the N1 limits through the FMC, there's an option for "TO-B" mode which increases take off thrust to 27,000 pounds.

Does anyone search the forums before posting new topics?? This topic has some good info on the Short Field Package...... http://forum.avsim.net/topic/342492-short-field-package/page__hl__short+field+package__fromsearch__1

Cheers, Graham McAllister - Melbourne, Australia

PC Specs:

Intel I7-2600K, Asus P8P67 Pro, 8GB PC3 17000 (DDR3-2133) XLD 9-11-9-28, GTX 980, 34" ASUS Monitor, 1TB Samsung EVO SSD, Windows 10 (64-bit), Prepar3D v3.3.5.17625, AS 2016, AivlaSoft EFB, EZDOK