Sign in to follow this  
Sonar5

Finally, an excellent and free voice control program

Interesting program. Seems to work but I have one problem with it. It is always one command behind. For example:I say "zoom in" - nothing happensI say "zoom out" - screen zooms INI say "flapsdown" - screen zooms OUTI say "flaps up" - flaps come downalways one command behind,I also have VoiceBuddy and it doesn't have this problem.Just my experience with it - Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Hi Martijn,I would check the Shoot website under troubleshooting. I think I saw something there on that, but I am not sure, it may have been Roger Wilco. Something about priorities.As I do not fly on-line, I doubt I can help you with that one. If I were to fly on-line, I am guessing that a headset would almost be a requirement if you want shoot to work properly, or any voice recognition program.It is not a perfect system, but it can make it a bit more convenient.Let me check there and I'll post back if I find it. Regards,Joehttp://aboutpolitics.net/images/bannerav.gif.About Politics.net - FORUMShttp://pub162.ezboard.com/baboutpolitics.Contribute to the Richard Harvey Scholarship Fund.http://www.avsim.com/pages/scholarship.shtml

CryptoSonar on Twitch & YouTube. 

Hi Vic,No clue.I would check the settings in your xml profile and compare them to what your MSFS2004 key settings are.That is the first I heard of it being behind. Are you trying to use the Voice Buddy xml profile with Shoot?Also the xml profile must match your current key setups with Microsoft. The Authores ask that you print out the xml file and compare it to what your settings are. Not sure if this will help you with your problem, though.Also, are you using a headset, and is your sound card full duplex?Since Flaps Down is F7 in both shoots and peter's profileand Flaps Up is is F6 in both, andand the zooms are the same in both profiles, it may be something to do with the xml.Does Voice Buddy work the same way, or does it auto load when you start MSFS?That could be another reason.Oh I should ask, does Voice Buddy use an xml file?Since from their website it appears to be using Microsoft Speech technology and possibly the same Speech SDK.Glad you're happy with voice buddy.The good thing is that Microsoft enabled so many different commands.Regards,Joe

CryptoSonar on Twitch & YouTube. 

Hi Joe - >I would check the settings in your xml profile and compare>them to what your MSFS2004 key settings are.>All stock - should be fine>>Also, are you using a headset, and is your sound card full>duplex?Yes and yes>>Since Flaps Down is F7 in both shoots and peter's profile>and Flaps Up is is F6 in both, and>and the zooms are the same in both profiles, it may be>something to do with the xml.>I just used those as an example - it is one behind no matter WHAT commands I give it .>Does Voice Buddy work the same way, or does it auto load when>you start MSFS?>Same way, I preload VB or Shoot then load FS>Oh I should ask, does Voice Buddy use an xml file?>No, the command set is internal - no xml file.but they both use the Microsoft XDK.>Glad you're happy with voice buddy.>It;s a good program - a little different than Shoot. I'll keep playing with Shoot and see if I can find out what's happening. Other than the command skip it works fine.Thanx,vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Guest camtech

hello folks im wondering if you can use voice buddy over a network with widefs, the less i use on my main com the better...thanks.Robert

Try opening the archive with a different program. If you're using winzip, try winrar, or XP's built in zip support. Maybe just an issue with the program used to create the archive. WinRAR is my choice.sg

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Guest Mark_Herring

Joe,I finally got Shoot installed and working on my system - turns out that the Shoot-1.6-full.zip file is indeed corrupted on the parent site.I've added a few minor commands of my own to the system but one command I'd really like - the ability to look the left or right (or quarter views as well). I've tried usingSHIFT LEFT ARROWto get a left shoulder view, but it doesn't seem to work. Has anyone tried to do this?

Left arrow is not a recognized key. If you knew the hex value you could add it to the keymap.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

Guest Mark_Herring

Try adding these commands to your FS2004 profile. These are great when flying the pattern.

Guest product

Hi all,Been following this thread with great interest and downloaded everything yesterday. I'm not a real whiz with PCs though, and wonder if somene could offer some advice on how they've set up their profile, etc. to best / most realistically interact with ATC? As I fly mostly GA that's my primary interest, I'd love to replicate ATC interaction as closely as possible. No need to be polite, please don't hesitate to explain it to me is if I'm an idiot:-)Best,Joel

Ignore this!I don't know what I was doing wrong before, but she works fine now.Sorry for the alarm.Thanks:RTHI obviously am doing something wrong, but have not figured out what it is yet.When I select the FS2002 profile, my commands are recognized by shoot and my aircraft.When I select the FS2004 profile, my commands update in the Shoot Keys window, but nothing happens relative to my aircraft. Any suggestions?RTH

The author of the FS2004 profile mentioned that he had remapped his keyboard. Check that the key commands in the profile match your setup. For example, all the ATC calls in the profile are set to "'" instead of "`". There are others.HTH,Vic

Guest gizmocat

Superb piece of software at a great price.MB