Sign in to follow this  
Hirgab

Three general questions

1. I get a lot of 'beeps' when using the NGX. I admit, I don't know what I'm doing half the time, but is there anyway I can find out what the beeps are about? For example, the 747 tells you what's wrong on the EICAS, but I don't see anything like that on the 737. 2. Why is it that the WestJet paint on the PMDG website not have the HUD on the VC? 3. For some reason, on the top of the fuselage close to the cockpit, there's a giant cylinder shape object that protrudes upwards, has anyone seen this before? Thanks in advance for your help.

#2 I can answer for ya - Because Westjet's 737's arn't equipped with HUDS. Don't forget...the NG has been around for more then 10-12 years now...I would even go out on a limb and say the majority of 737 NG's out there arn't equipped with HUDS #3 - that's the satellite antenna - If playin' around with the WestJet livery its for all that crummy TV and other communication stuff.

mm thought u can go to your cdu and install your hugs on or off but i could be wrong

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

mm thought u can go to your cdu and install your hugs on or off but i could be wrong
Your not wrong Peter

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I set up the PMDG livery the way i want it with HGS, no eyebrow windows, etc, and then i use a fixed config for all liveries. Yes, it's not the most realistic thing to do, but I prefer the added familiarity with the cockpit.

Cristi Neagu

#2 I can answer for ya - Because Westjet's 737's arn't equipped with HUDS. Don't forget...the NG has been around for more then 10-12 years now...I would even go out on a limb and say the majority of 737 NG's out there arn't equipped with HUDS
Most 737s are not equipped with HGS. This isn't because of age (the HGS has been an available option for a long time), but because of cost. Cheers DZ

Regarding beeps, check two things. 1) Presserization system should have proper cruise and landing altitude entered in.2) On approach and landing if you extend the flaps and gear too early (i.e. too fast of a speed) the aircraft will warn you. Mark

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Regarding beeps, check two things. 1) Presserization system should have proper cruise and landing altitude entered in.2) On approach and landing if you extend the flaps and gear too early (i.e. too fast of a speed) the aircraft will warn you. Mark
1) Thats not true.2) the overspeed warning is a clacker "cla cla cla cla", the configuration warning is a continous beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep and is not linked to overspeed, it is linked to flap VS gears, it 3)sounds if flaps are extended but not the gears and thrust is/are on idle.There is a beep beep beep also for take off warning and is linked to flap/slat position, thrust levers, brakes, speed brakes, stab trim. About pressurization, it will sound ONLY if cabin pressure goes over 10000fts. This will happen if packs are not on, if outflow valve is not working or open, if a door is not correctly closed, if there are damages to the fuselage.With a wrong cabin pressure controller setting only the comfort of the passengers/crew will be affected.

Regards

Andrea Daviero

Just to explain how it works:The cabin pressure control is automatic but needs human input for the cruise altitude before departing. Why? It needs this value to decide how the cabin must climb. The airplane has a structural limit of pressure that can pressurize it, this pressure is a differential value of inside/outside pressure. For the NGs the controllers mantain a maximum difference of 8.45PSID.This difference will be easily reached and past if climbing to an high cruise altitude if maintaining inside the departure altitude.So, the cabin altitude must climb when the aircraft climbs or it will reach the limits. If the controller knows the cruise altitude we want it will perform a controlled cabin climb that is comfortable to all inside the plane (below 750ft/min) also if the aircraft is climbing at 3000ft/min.But, if we set an incorrect value, the pressurization will perform a wrong cabin pressurization, and, if it is selected to a low altitude, the cabin pressure will reach the limits. If limits are reached (8.45PSID) the controller will open outflow valve to modulate and adapt the rate to the vertical speed the aircraft have. If it is climbing at 3000ft/min, also the cabin will climb at the same rate, this to mantain the maximum difference. This is uncomfortable.There are some cases:is if you select on the panel a cruise altitude below 18500fts:In this case the controller mantains the selected landing pressure, but, if you climb over this value you will easily reach the maximum values and the cabin altitude will climb with the plane.If the altitude selected is between 18500 to 28000 the controllers will use a limit of 7.35 of difference for cruise calculations, reaching the altitude, the controller will mantain a costant pressure untill difference will raise to 8.45.From fl280 to 370 the difference will be set to 7.8,over fl370 the limit will be 8.35, very close to the maximum limit, so, in this case, by climbing over the pressure selected will easily results in a cabin that climbs at the same rate of the plane.The landing altitude has the same importance, it will tell to the controller how to re-pressurize cabin to reach the airport altitude on landing.

Regards

Andrea Daviero