Sign in to follow this  
mthornton

Buffet Alert

Hi guys, from the image you can see I an getting a buffet alert for obvious reasons. The problem is I just can't work out why i'm flying so slow at the minute! My gross weight is currently 65 tonnes and I've a fair bit of fuel onboard because its a 2400nm flight. Any suggestions? buffetalert.jpg

Judging by the pic it looks like something to do with your throttles !You are at the full N1 thrust. Is your hardware throttle setup ok ?

I don't have any hardware plugged in at the moment. (saitek yoke takes up too much space).
Ok !It does seem strange. Everything on the CDU and ND looks fine.Is there anything strange on the Legs page ?

Frederic, both FD are on, A/T ARM is on. VNAV/LNAV and CMD A are all engaged. That's all there is to see on the MCP.

Ok ! A pic which includes the MCP would help.
Look at the FMA - he's in VNAV and LNAV. Check your weather settings - a good way to test to see if it is weather is load up a flight with clear skies and do exactly what you have done so far and if it doesn't happen, it was related to weather.Maybe ASE... I dunno - depends what you;re using for WX.

Good point Jordan. I am using ASE but this is my first VATSIM flight for a while so it is the first time i'm using the NGX and FSINN together. Maybe FSInn weather (although I have disabled it) and ASE are conflicting.

definitely weather, is that +48c TAT at FL330 ? something is off there, thin air and high temperture cant be good :) i had that myself with both ase, rex and the default fsx real-time weather.

Indeed it is the weather. I don't think any FSInn setup changes take effect until FSX is rebooted so clear skies it is for now. Thank you all.

I had this exact same problem yesterday, for some reason even though VNAV was engaged, it stopped controlling the speed. I just disabled/enabled it again and all was well.

Jay

+48C at FL330 is certainly going to stall you...
FSINNS simulating Global Warming ?? Doh.gif

Interesting... i see you're also getting that weird error where the optimum flight level is higher than the max (379/376). Can this have something to do with temperature?

Cristi Neagu

I said in my first post I couldn't work it out and it was staring right at me doh! Was concentrating too much on what was in the FMC! Back at a more appropriate -14c now. Must have been Cristi, OPT is now FL388 and MAX is 402.