Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aerodynamic

NGX and FSDT JFK?

Just curious if anyone has noticed the following with the NGX. If I begin a flight in the NGX at FSDT JFK, the trees at the airport "flicker" from winter to summer textures. If I start in a default aircraft, this does not happen. If you load a default aircraft first and then switch to the NGX, all is fine. I actually have reformatted and installed the NGX again and then the FSDT sceneries that I own. Nothing else was installed on the vanilla FSX and its service packs. I have tried two various Nvidia drivers and they both do the same thing. Anyone else noticed this? I posted at FSDT already and nothing in that forum proved to work. If it matters: Q9550 @ 3.4, 4GB, GTX460 Superclocked Edition with latest drivers, Nvidia Inspector set up per Ryan's instructions, Windows 7 64. Also the same problem occurs at FSDT ORD since it uses the same tree textures. Thanks,Scott

Scott

It might be related to the "runway edge lines flickering" issue. I'm not sure if PMDG said anything about it, though.

Cristi Neagu

I also had the trees flickering at FSDT JFK so I removed the file "trees.dds" from the texture folder FSX\fsdreamteam\JFK\texture folder and no more flickering. Works great now.

Sean Green

I also had the trees flickering at FSDT JFK so I removed the file "trees.dds" from the texture folder FSX\fsdreamteam\JFK\texture folder and no more flickering. Works great now.
Thank you so much, Sean! I tried replacing that texture as recommended in the FSDT forum, but it did not help. Removing it seems to have done the trick for me. I don't have any other issues, so I was hoping there was an easy way to just get rid of the trees. I didn't know that they were only textures! I have the same issue with the same trees at their ORD scenery, so I'll hope removing the same file works for that situation also. Thanks again! smile.png Scott

Scott

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

43%
    $10,960.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now