Sign in to follow this  
Pronto

Tires squeal

Hello, now I "fly" the PMDG 737 - 800 NGX since 3 weeks... I enyoy the aircraft but I miss the "Tires squeal" at touch down... on my first flight - without using the fmc - I have heard it, but now - with using the fmc, but flying without the ap after passing the decison hight - I don´t hear the "Tires squeal"; do I land to smooth??? :-)I have tried a few different vs-rates / touchdown speed / wight and so on, but I didn´t hear the "Tires squeal" again! What do I have to do? Greetings Norbert ps.: please excuse my bad school-english, thank´s

I think you may be hearing the sound of the armed-spoilers moving the spoiler lever to the deployed position...it sounds like...."eeeeeerwhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin"..something like that.... Could be mistaken for a tires squealing sound. Check your spoilers are armed.

Hi Patrick,thank´s for your answer... but it´s not the sound of the spoiler... I´m missing the sound of the touching tires... on many youtube ngx-landing-videos you can hear the squeal of the tires! Greetings Norbert

Hi Patrick,thank´s for your answer... but it´s not the sound of the spoiler... I´m missing the sound of the touching tires... on many youtube ngx-landing-videos you can hear the squeal of the tires! Greetings Norbert
Em... No you can't

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Why not??? Check / look for this youtube-video! PMDG 737 NGX Landing Madeira FSX + Trackir 5 (HQ)

Hmmmm... can´t believe, sorry.... :-)How can I arm the spoiler... I´m using only the speedbrake, often already during the finaldescent... N.

No problem :) Arm the spoiler before landing by pressing shift + /. I recommend the tutorial for the ngx if you still haven't done it.

The tyre "squeal" sound is there but it depends on the landing !! I hear it all the time with autolands.

Maybe check your sound level settings in fsx and in de pmdg fmc? Also you can go outside the cockpit just before landing and listen there. (I do not know how it sound here out of my head, shall keep track of it next time) Maikel Rozemeijer.

Hmmmm... can´t believe, sorry.... :-)How can I arm the spoiler... I´m using only the speedbrake, often already during the finaldescent... N.
That sound you think is the tires squealing is the PMDG_737_SpeedBrakeLeverDeploy.wav found in the FSX/Sound/PMDG/737NGX/Levers folder. I can see how you could think its the nose wheel touching down though, it does kind of sound like a tire squeek.Sean Campbell

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Ok Gentlemen, thank´s for the help, it´s really the spoiler-sound... so I see, that the squeal of the tires is not simulated!?!?!? Greetings Norbert

In RL I've never heard tire squeal on landing in anything larger than a Cessna... You certainly cannot hear it from the cockpit/cabin of any airliner today. Even externally any sound given off by the tires is squelched out by the sound of wind and idle thrust. I spent almost three years as a ramper and have spent many hours watching 737s take off and land, at times as little as 100' away from the touchdown point, and you still cannot hear the tires even on cold winter nights when the airport is dead, where the only aircraft you hear is the last term coming in for the night.

Hmmmm... again... what´s the name of the soundfile???
huh.png Scroll up