Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jason74

What would be the best PC for the NGX and ORBX

Hi i dont know if this has been talked about but im wanting to build a new PC for the NGX and ORBX. I built my current Rig in 2007 it still runs good with its 8800GTX Card but its starting to Struggle with the NGX. Im getting between 13-18 Frames in the NGX VC Panel. Its been almost 5 years since my last Build so im not realy up to date with the Current vidio cards and GPU,s Im looking at spending $2500 -$3000 Australian Dollars ( $2600-$3100 USD )I basicly want the Biggest Bang for my Buck.Im wanting at least 30 frames a sec in the NGX VC panel at airports like ORBX YMML with all the Scenery settings Maxed out.Any advice would be Great? Jason Richards

good luck getting 30 frames at Orbx YMML, not possible i would say I have a new system and had to dial down the YMML to basic and still not the best

Best bang for buck is i5-2500k, good cooler, 6-8gb ram (2 stick kit), gtx560ti & win7x64.If you already have the case & power supply you can do this for less than $800usdEdit: only difference between this and the best "money is no object" system is changing the gtx560ti for a 570 or 580 superclocked

I'd say to go to NASA, break in, and spend the rest of the week bringing out each part of the computer, enjoy 30FPS for about 6 Seconds, and then worry about how to get out of jail.Bang for your buck? meh, This is free!EDIT : I just got a Core i5 2500k, along with 8GB Ram, the performance is unbelievable, it may not be able to run FSX Max at YBBL for 30FPS, but it sure can do alot of other stuff!

agreed I am running an I7 with GTX 570 and very happy i just think the ORBX airports are a little like FSX they are geared towards the future so dont expect to be able to run them full maxed out unless you can tolerate the poor FPS

good luck getting 30 frames at Orbx YMML, not possible i would say I have a new system and had to dial down the YMML to basic and still not the best
yes i agree ymml is hungry in fps followed by ybbn, other than these 2 orll other orbx airports are great

Orbx Ybbn would sometimes cause a crash to the desktop just too much even for a new system such as mine, looks much better than the default even on low and i dont really care that much for all the detail as I am more interested inside the NGX

Jason, I recently upgraded my pc for FSX, including ORBX YMML, YBBN, YSCB, YSTW, YSCF. My specs are in my signature. Ordered all the parts thru i-tech.com.au MB $216, I7-2600k $314, EVGA Geforce GTX570HD SC 1280MB $425, G.SKILL Ripjaws-X 8GB (4GB x 2) $159 Very happy with my rig, runs FSX terrific.......Only issue is I seem to lose some building with YBBN.

Orbx Ybbn would sometimes cause a crash to the desktop just too much even for a new system such as mine, looks much better than the default even on low and i dont really care that much for all the detail as I am more interested inside the NGX
Totally agree......