Sign in to follow this  
ripthejacker99

Can I recommend a good book?

I know many of you may well have this, but just to inform you that is a very good read. I have had the book for a few years now, and still cant resist reading it time and time again. Here it is. Boeing 777 FLYING THE BIG JETS by Stanley Stewart It covers in nice detail the basics of navigation, systems, etc and then covers a complete flight from london to Boston. I had it from amazon i believe. lloyd jones

I have the previous published version which covered the 747-400 and included a LHR-JFK trip.I agree it is a great read and very informative. Might try and pick up the latest version.

Yup, the 747 version is well worth seeking out. Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I have the 747-400 one. Great read on navigation and communication! I read it on a HA767 when I was jumpseating from SEA-HNL!

Excellent book, I have the 747-400 3rd edition, purchased at Borders Books around 2004. Just by seeing the topic, I was guessing it would be about Mr. Stewart's book before I opened the topic. BEST aviation book IMHO, bought it years ago before I got into flight sim and it was a valuable resource to have when I was learning the ropes in X-Plane and then FSX.

Even more interesting IMHO is "Handling the Big Jets" (An Explanation of the Significant Difference in Flying Qualities Between Jet Transport Aeroplanes and Piston Engined Transports). The book might be fairly old, but the information in it is timeless. If, that is, you can find one..... sad.png I'm lucky enough to have the 3rd edition (bought when it came out in the 70s) with the fold-out insert of the 747 systems, but they are inevitably becoming harder to acquire. For an expert review by a former test pilot of the unque aspects of flying big jets, it is unrivalled. Worth the effort to find (and the $$s to buy). But don't take my word for it, check out the Amazon reviews: http://www.amazon.co...16359105&sr=1-2 http://www.amazon.co...16359540&sr=1-1 Cheers, Brian

Brian747-500x105-Avsim.jpg

I totally enjoyed that book and would recommned it to people that are curious about modern air trnapsort. If you want something a bit "juciy" you can always try "Flying the Unfriendly Skies". It's old, but it's a nice little read.

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

'Bob The Builder' might be more of an apt read for some of this forums participants. wink.png