Sign in to follow this  
remcoso

IVAP NGX issue solved!

No comments yet?..Indeed interesting statement. Will give it a try and report later on today.

Regards,

Martin Martinov / VATSIM 1207931

Hi guys I think i have the solution for the NGX/IVAP bug, Download the latest version of Microsoft visual C++ 2005 and it works. After installing my tcas interaction works between IVAP and NGX and no ivap crashes so far.. give it a try 64bit http://www.microsoft...s.aspx?id=21254 32bit http://www.microsoft...ls.aspx?id=3387
I have to wonder what version(s) of VS C++ 2005 you had installed before, and why you did not have this version already installed.

I have to wonder what version(s) of VS C++ 2005 you had installed before, and why you did not have this version already installed.
I think version 2005 comes with ivap?? Dont know but the installed version was older than the version om the site

Guest firehawk44

I've always advocated the installation of the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables from 2005 to 2010. You should make sure they are kept up-to-date too. Nick N suggested updating to SP1 to the 2005 Redistributable in his article entitled 'Setting up FSX and Tuning It'. It solves a lot of potential problems. Thanks for the info. Best regards,Jim Young

What bug ?? "" To be brutally clear: This is not a bug. the IVAP client is using FSUIPC, and we do not intend to push data through any source other than simconnect. Until/unless the IVAP application can be operated through simconnect without using FSUIPC, no- we won't be fixing that "" RSR a few days ago !!
Since FSUIPC gets most of it data in and out of FSX, using SimConnect -- when you use FSUIPC, you are really talking to FSX with Simconnect, but buffered from its complexity by FSUIPC. Long gone are the days when FSUIPC was a Peek & Poke Hack.

I have never experienced any NGX/IVAP bug : IVAP (internal or external) works fine on my system. "To be brutally clear: This is not a bug. the IVAP client is using FSUIPC, and we do not intend to push data through any source other than simconnect.Until/unless the IVAP application can be operated through simconnect without using FSUIPC, no- we won't be fixing that " From the NGX intro manual pages 20&21 : "The PMDG 737NGX is fully compatible with FSUIPC except thatwe recommend that you do not calibrate ..........We continue to explore ways to make the PMDG 737NGX interact moresmoothly with FSUIPC and we’ll make those changes available as theyare finalized. Both FSUIPC and the PMDG 737NGX are trying toaccomplish the same goals and following the above recommendationsshould keep you out of trouble" Comprenne qui pourra !

What bug ?? "" To be brutally clear: This is not a bug. the IVAP client is using FSUIPC, and we do not intend to push data through any source other than simconnect. Until/unless the IVAP application can be operated through simconnect without using FSUIPC, no- we won't be fixing that "" RSR a few days ago !!
Jason, that's RSR answer to the transponder-out-of-synch problem, not what's being discussed here. This is what Kenny Moens, from IVAO's Software Developement Team, posted in the forums earlier today:
Hello,IVAO did not take an official position yet in this case, until now we didn't manage to find the cause of this issue, regardless of all feedback which we've collected here.Until this moment, we suspect that the cause is not inside IvAp as the problem does not occur with other addons as the NGX. There are crashes of IvAp without the use of NGX, but their are significantly less frequent. Also, I get the impression based on the posts here that it must be somehow related to the TCAS of the NGX itself. Maybe it is worthwhile to try disabling that one.In all cases these are not conclusions yet, I can be thinking in the complete wrong direction here.The point of .NET is not valid, as Jan pointed out, IvAp is not relying on .NET so it should have no influence.The point of VS2005 redistributable package, I also don't think it is related, as IvAp v2 is build against VS2010.On the topic of the transponder mode: I've send an email a week ago - until now without response - to PMDG on this matter. As we don't have a problem in providing them with a SimConnect SDK to write these settings, but we want to minimize the work and have an interface which is similar to SquawkBox. If we don't receive an answer in the coming weeks, next build of IvAp will simply ship with our version. Unfortunately our current development version has some instabilities due to which it doesn't meet our criteria to release it yet, but we're working on it to get it more stable.Kind regards,

and then again - he knows better than RSR. What a surprise.
FOR THE RECORD: I was in NO WAY disagreeing with anything RSR had stated !!! (sigh) Did you even READ the other posts in the Topic and understand what was being discussed ??? All I was pointing out, is that current versions of FSUIPC are now almost totally using SIMCONNECT.ie FSUIPC is itself, now almost totally a SIMCONNECT application. If you don't believe me, go check out Pete Dowson's FSUIPC support site.

After installing my tcas interaction works between IVAP and NGX and no ivap crashes so far.. give it a try
Question to OP - TCAS interaction in therms of transponder switch synchronization? The reports so far are that this can not be configured. How come yours is working?

Regards,

Martin Martinov / VATSIM 1207931

Question to OP - TCAS interaction in therms of transponder switch synchronization? The reports so far are that this can not be configured. How come yours is working?
Yes the button sync is now working only with installjng the new c++ 2005So when i switch my tcas transponder to ta/ra the ivao transponder goes to c mode. And back when i turn in off.

Yes the button sync is now working only with installjng the new c++ 2005 So when i switch my tcas transponder to ta/ra the ivao transponder goes to c mode. And back when i turn in off.
Funny, this is not working for me.