Sign in to follow this  
777flyer101

NLS A380?

Well, if you follow the link to the forum, there's a statement explaining why the forum is down. They say it's not really needed and that the A380 is still in development, so...

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

NLS is pretty much a one man show so it's going to take time, assuming it's not cancelled.

Guest acezboy561

John-That isnt FSX. Thats just a model within GMAX I believe.

They've been at it for so long, I'm really starting to get an AirSimmer deja-vu. Might come true one day, but don't hold your breath...

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

John-That isnt FSX. Thats just a model within GMAX I believe.
Before they closed their forums down I believe they've already had their second model, which they used in this video. Not sure really..

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

Even after 3 years this thread is active, last post yesterday, but when is it releasing? http://www.friendlyf...D=6234&pageNo=1
The model looks very good, but I think the modelling (both external as well as VC) is the easy part of this project.Getting the FBW right and creating a solid simulation of the Airbus systems and computer logics are the hard parts. And of those, I've not heard a single thing from NLS. Getting the systems right is where all other attempts at Airbusses have failed. AirSimmer, Airliner XP (anyone still remember that one?), Wilco, CLS, Aerosoft (although Aerosoft didn't go for a full depth simulation, so you can't really say they failed). None of them succeeded in getting it the way you'll find it in a real Airbus.My only hope for a good quality Airbus is with FlightsimLabs and their A320 project. On the side; just for fun; the AXP website is still alive, even though it hasn't been updated since 2007... http://www.airlinerxp.com/

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

The model looks very good, but I think the modelling (both external as well as VC) is the easy part of this project.Getting the FBW right and creating a solid simulation of the Airbus systems and computer logics are the hard parts. And of those, I've not heard a single thing from NLS. Getting the systems right is where all other attempts at Airbusses have failed. AirSimmer, Airliner XP (anyone still remember that one?), Wilco, CLS, Aerosoft (although Aerosoft didn't go for a full depth simulation, so you can't really say they failed). None of them succeeded in getting it the way you'll find it in a real Airbus.My only hope for a good quality Airbus is with FlightsimLabs and their A320 project. On the side; just for fun; the AXP website is still alive, even though it hasn't been updated since 2007... http://www.airlinerxp.com/
I am also waiting for FSlabs a320, I am sure that it would be as good as their concorde (sig :-)). I heard that Airsimmer never released their Advanced edition so we really can't tell that they failed too, but I think that they have given up. The Aerosft Airbus X is presently the best airbus addon for FSX but yes it is not realistic. Airlinex XP, I check their website everyday with lots of expectations, but their project seems to be dead. Wilco, abacus, CLS and other craps never ever knew that what does simulation actually mean.I still have lots of expectations with NLS A380,They also worked for simcheck a300B4 which is a very good addon.

I am also waiting for FSlabs a320, I am sure that it would be as good as their concorde (sig :-)). I heard that Airsimmer never released their Advanced edition so we really can't tell that they failed too, but I think that they have given up. The Aerosft Airbus X is presently the best airbus addon for FSX but yes it is not realistic. Airlinex XP, I check their website everyday with lots of expectations, but their project seems to be dead. Wilco, abacus, CLS and other craps never ever knew that what does simulation actually mean. I still have lots of expectations with NLS A380, They also worked for simcheck a300B4 which is a very good addon.
Airsimmer didn't even get it working for their "Basic" version, so in that respect, they failed... AXP has been dead as a doornail since 2007. Flightscenery's Vauchez pulled out for personal reasons and I think in the end Lou Betti gave up, retired and now spends his days flying around in his real Piper Dakota (good for him!).The guys from RealityXP, who were building the gauges, also gave up at that time.I really don't understand why their website is still up. Let's hope NLS does come true with their A380. Would be nice to have such a beast in FS.I didn't know they were involved in the A300B4. I don't have experience with that aircraft, but it looks ok. But systemwise, the A300B4 is a steam-gauge aircraft which is way easier to program than an A380...

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Actually I just bought the Simcheck A300 that Frank emntioned. Still have to install it, but I figured it'd finally give my Pakistani airport ssome use, plus it's apparently still used as a Cargo plane for DHL Air Contractors in Europe. It is the most realistic airbus at this point, but as Frank said, it does not have FBW. FBW is what all Airbusses we have sort of failed in.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case