Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

A Plea to all Software Developers, big and small..... Please read.

Yes, I too would be very interested if somebody manages to find a solution to this. I never used FSHotSFX when I had an XP system (didn't know it existed), but I totally agree that this is the one flaw in FS that takes away from the realism. I too have stuck with FS9, even though I now have a system that could run FSX - based on Windows 7 64 bit, hence the problem. My FS9 set up is now so good that I see no need to go to FSX. There are loads of us who have done the same, and contrary to what some of the commercial developers have said, there must surely still be a market for this sort of product for FS9?

Totally agree.

In a way, I think some commercial developers have been trying to force adoption of FSX as standard, as a way to optimize development costs. FSX is a great general aviation sim, but as a direct replacement for "heavy iron" FS9 users it's nonsense. I'm still waiting (6 years and 3 new PCs have passed) for a HW setup able to run FSX with 100% AI (custom), with complex addons and weather. A 5Ghz Sandy Bridge is not able to cope with it. FS9 gives us 40+ FPS under those conditions, and IMHO, a similar experience to FSX.

I think it was Ed Cox who has mentioned the term FS 9.5... Many users have modded and develloped their FS setups to a point that FSX can't compete, or will only provide a 15 FPS experience. Look at all the virtual airlines, look at VATSIM usage model. No FS9 users???

Back to topic, I would love a FSHotSFX tool for modern FS9 users. I think none of us is asking for a FS9-only version, it could be dual sim. Do you guys know Kickstarter?

http://www.kickstarter.com/

It could be a good way to ensure return on investment from a development point of view...

For those who are running WinXP 64bit is fshotseat compatible?

Yes, it works well under XPx64.

This is just about the last sticking point as to why I don't upgrade to Windows7 x64... I hope somebody will develop something! The kickstarter idea might work - if a developer (with at least some demonstrable experience) took on the project I would be happy to pre-pay towards the software and I would guess quite a few of us here would do so too...

Geoff

Geoff

In the end Eric Marciano thought it wouldn't be worth his while, so this is still at square one. What a shame, I miss the AI sounds every time I fly. I have set up the sound files so that at least traffic makes some audible sound as it passes, but those silent landings - no reversers. It's just too sad!!! Not sure how to proceed from here...

Martin

Count me in on this one... :Peace:

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I tried Aerosoft and Flight1 on this: neither seemed interested (FS9 is 'old hat': we beg to differ of course). Eric Marciano after initial enthusiasm, in the end said the same, so we still see aircraft taking off and landing silently.

I am amazed that with a;ll the products still being created for FS9, duplicate airports and so on, no one wants to take this on. If anyone has any ideas of other developers who might feel the same way...

Martin

I take it that there is no movement on this or likelyhood that a replacement will be made - that's a huge shame. I wonder what the difficulty is with this - I guess something with Windows rather than the FS9/FSUIPC side of things, since the concept in XP seems quite simple (or perhaps it's actually very complex, what do I know!)... I never got a proper answer to my question of whether FSHotSFX could be run on a separate XP box with WideFS (then feed the sound output into a sound 'in' on the FS9 pc) - I guess not as it would have been done by now? Suppose it would read the AI but then the AI blast details wouldn't be communicated...

Having finally given up and decided to move to Windows7 from XP x64, I am looking for ways to make the AI sound as good as possible without FSHotSFX :( ... I guess I'll just go back to binding reverser sounds to touchdown effects (like I did before many years ago) and stick my fingers in my ears if I see any AI spooling up for takeoff!

Geoff

By tweaking vrious jet and prop sounds in the FS9/sounds folder, I have got pretty good AI sound now as a/c pass by my plane. What's missing is the reversers as AI a/c touch down.. inaudible whatever I do. Great shame FSHotSFX developers have dropped it, and that no one else will fill the gap..

M.

So doing a fresh new program isn't possible. How about trying to make FSHotSFX work under Win7 64bit?

How could it impossible?

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

Hello everyone,

I come back to this discussion because I have no pending project at this time and I could spend a little time thinking about this project. I thought I was able to develop a similar software, but sound is not my expertise and it appears it is not as easy as I thought, especially to simulate the direction the sound comes from (playing with the left/right volume), I don't know how to do this.

What I mean here is that it is not only a problem of "business" and potential market, it is also a problem of technical expertise.

Eric

Any help in creating such a project would be tremendous, this was really a great addon.

FS2004 Forever

I spent a long time trying to get FSHotSFX to work in Windows 7, but no luck..

Is anyone able to help Eric with this? (Lots of very grateful customers if you can pull this off, Eric! I'd pay good money for this, as would many I am sure).

Good news Guys, it finally appears that it should be doable. The 2 most difficult things were the ability to detect AI aircraft activity (possibly without requiring FSUIPC) and the ability to play 3D sounds according to the relative positions of the aircrafts. The first one is almost solved, and it should soon be the same for the second. It doesn't mean the project is finished, but it is doable. I will keep you posted soon, after my summer vacations.

Eric