Sign in to follow this  
roarkr

Opencockpit MCP with PMDX 737NGX READY

Hi MichalTry this sioc.ini to run your EFIS only.[sIOC]Name=MainIOCP_port=8092IOCP_timeout=4000Minimized=Yestoggle_delay=20CONFIG_FILE=c:fs_utilSIOCNGXEFIS_PP_2.02.ssi [iOCARDS MODULE]IOCard_disable=NoIOCard_LPT=No[ Frequency divisor for delay the analogic axes. (1-999)]Divisor_AD=10[MASTERS]MASTER=0,7,1,19[FSUIPC MODULE]FSUipcdisable=NoFSUipcRefresh=50[iOCP CLIENTS MODULES]IOCPini_delay= 5000IOCPclient0_disable=noIOCPclient0_host=localhostIOCPclient0_port=8099IOCPclient1_disable=yesIOCPclient1_host=localhostIOCPclient1_port=8092[sOUND MODULE]Sound_disable=YesVolume=100

Hi Crankpinthanks for your help, I have used your sioc.ini, but unfortunately this efis still does not workI have checked EFIS via SIOC Monitor and it seems to that Efis work correctlyMichal

GuysI think I see some of your problems.The two sioc scripts NGXMCP_PP_2.02 and NGXEFIS_PP_2.02 are both written for the hardware in question to each default to being Device 0, the simplist setup for each alone. But not both at the same time.If I choose my MCP to be Device 0 and my EFIS to be Device 1 in a MCP+EFIS setup then I have to alter code in NGXEFIS_PP_2.02 so that it knows this is code for Device 1's Input 1,2,3, ... rather than Device 0's Input 1,2,3 ....And then combine/compile NGXMCP_PP_2.02 and the altered NGXEFIS_PP_2.02 into one .ssi fileSo for example this lineVar 1232, name STA, Link IOCARD_SW, Input 27, Type Ifrom near the start of NGXEFIS_PP_2.02 should be changed toVar 1232, name STA, Link IOCARD_SW, Device 1 Input 27, Type Iby adding Device 1 in front of the Input 27Likewise all the other Input number assignment lines in this file need Device 1 added before the Input xx like the example above.My 'combined' MCP and EFIS has all this done for you, and compiled into .ssi form that should work if the Device 0 and 1 setup matches in the [MASTERS] section of sioc.ini something like[MASTERS]MASTER=0,5,1,11MASTER=1,7,1,43To get your EFIS to work alone using the unaltered NGXEFIS_PP_2.02 you'd have a [MASTERS] entry in sioc.ini like[MASTERS]MASTER=0,7,1,19Hope that helps shed some light...

Hi Crankpinthanks for your help, I have used your sioc.ini, but unfortunately this efis still does not workI have checked EFIS via SIOC Monitor and it seems to that Efis work correctly
Hi MichalChecking ...Did you have only the EFIS plugged in and to the same USB port as usual such that in the SIOC Devices window showedIDX=0 - IOCard-Efis -Device = 19 edit: ooops I now see it wasAnother question, have you had the MCP and or EFIS working with the default FSX Boeing 738 ?And I'd like to see your Fsuipc4.ini maybe you could PM it to me. Edited by Crankpin

John (and others)I have the mcp and efis working with John's SSI.As John mentions this is because i have the mcp as device 0 (although other hwadress in masters) and efis on device 1 (and again just another hardware adress in master)I downloaded the new mcp lua from roar and the up/down vs switch now operates correctly also againDId just one testflight but in this fligth mcp and efis operated as expected

Hi Fred, hope you are well.Glad you are up and running. If you recall we had a chat regarding my issues in getting the MCP working.Just by way of an update, I completely uninstalled SIOC and FSUIPC and started from fresh. Having re-installed them, I downloaded Johns combined MCP/EFIS text and compiled it into my NGXMCP.ssi file. I have followed the advice regarding the configuring of the MCP at 0 and EFIS at 1 in the sioc.ini. All knobs and switches on both the MCP and EFIS are shown as working in the sioc monitor and in the main SIOC window appear to be good to go.I start FSX and the NGX then run SIOC and still I have no lights on the MCP and it or the EFIS still wont work within FSX or the NGX.Would it be possible for you to send me copies of your sioc.ini and fsuipc.ini files so I can make some comparisons with mine. The SIOC main window shows that FSUIPC is OK.RegardsGary

Hello Gary,I looked on skype but couldn't find you.i didn't remember your email adres and don't know how to attach a file here.I will check skype tomorrow evening and am happy to sent you the filesspeak to you later

Hi GuysI have installed the compbined efios and mcp file and hooray it is working with a few errors.EFIS now is working but stops at times. Reloading the ssi in SIOC makes it run again.I just need to find what it is that stops the EFIS.It is a certain way on using the EFIS that stops it.Will test some more and feedback. But at least I am a lot closer now.Have a good night and catch you laterIan

Ian C. McCulloch

'What would one do without Malt Whisky? Slainte Mhath'

It only can get better

Gary and FredTo attach files here they need to be less than 200kb and if necessary 'disguised' as something 'innocent' like a .txt or .jpg file. If you click on the 'More Reply Options' button below the fast reply box below, you'll see 'Attach Files' use the Browse button to select your (probably renamed) file then the 'Attach This File' button then you'll see a 'Add to Post' that will attach the file at the current cursor position.So to show you my Sioc.ini and Fsuipc4.ini I change both their filenames to have a .txt extender and attach as above. You obviously need to rename to make use of them after downloading.

Johns combined MCP/EFIS text and compiled it into my NGXMCP.ssi file
Gary thats not a txt file, it's an .ssi renamed/disguised as a txt file so that I could attach it here. It does not need compiling, just change the name back to NGXMCPEFIS_PP_202.ssi to use it.

EFIS now is working but stops at times
Ian thats great news. Just go back and clean up things a bit. Clean up the Modules folder to get rid of unused NGX lua files that you may have collected through this process. You should have only 2 NGX lua files in use for this. Make sure those two are the latest available from Roarkr's AVSIM files. Also clean up FSUIPC4.ini so only those two lua files are called in the [Auto] section, and remove any old references to old NGX lua files in the [Lua Files] section.Could other hardware be conflicting with the EFIS ? to cause it to break, when it's already working ?

Gary/JohnThe download of the ssi file through this post indeed leaves you with a txt file in your windows file system.I am guessing that gary's problem might indeed be that he is not able to change it to a ssi.(i noticed the sioc ran fine with the file still as txt but nothing working so this why i am thinking this might be gary's problem also)I had hide extensions for know file types on in my windows setting. After changing this i could change the txt to a ssi and that made it workingI will do a cleanup btw of folders file also.Mind you, i only have the mcp and efis and have just started my cockpit build so no other hardware (only a logitech g940 yoke/pedal/rudder) so that might also be why things are a bit easier for me

Fred,Thanks for the tip regarding the Windows settings. I will give it a try later and get back to you.By the way, Skype name - gary.bussMight speak later if you are about.

I had hide extensions for know file types on in my windows setting
:( ooo that'll do it yesMy file as posted is called NGXMCPEFIS_PP_202_SSI.TXTAfter downloading you should rename it to NGXMCPEFIS_PP_202.SSIbut yes you have to be able to see the file extension, that don't show extensions switch is a pain