Sign in to follow this  
rrasfly2

Best ATC

Gotta tell ya, for a USA-based pilot, fly VATSIM Europe in the early afternoon for live ATC at its best! From Scandinavia to the Med, the European controllers are the best around. Evenings in the USA, you have to take what you can get; ATC is usually VERY unpredictable at best (although they seem to be trying to schedule more events lately). Still, you cannot beat the human-to-human interface that LIVE ATC gives you, especially if you're serious about improving your skills. Go get it! Enjoy!!! VATSIM truly rules (in my my humble opinion).
Just fly into Poland, they are notorius for following their strict real world rules. They even update their airport based on construction and other restrictions. I try to stay away from there though when ATC comes up, they seem to take it personally when you don't read their NOTAMs on the web site before flying in.

Just fly into Poland, they are notorius for following their strict real world rules. They even update their airport based on construction and other restrictions. I try to stay away from there though when ATC comes up, they seem to take it personally when you don't read their NOTAMs on the web site before flying in.
the same is true in Israel airspace (VATSIM), they are extremely anal and strict with real world procedures and at LLBG, they change their NOTAMs based on the real LLBG on every little construction that are running those days (closing/opening RW, etc).

Joel Strikovsky
Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

I dont see how thats a problem. If they decided to close a runway then land on the one they have available instead then

For me PFE is the best. It seems complicated at first because it's built around the original PF2000 module which is only used to compile the FP. The rest is PFE and since vers 2.14 there are very few anomalies.The regional voices are excellent and non robotic.vololiberista

When you fly in the real world you must by law read any relevant NOTAM and adjust your FP if necessary. That's life!!!!vololiberista

When you fly in the real world you must by law read any relevant NOTAM and adjust your FP if necessary. That's life!!!!vololiberista
Sure...you're right....when you fly in the real world...Now we're on a simulator, which means we can simulate the real world characteristics and we can have fun while doing it. Remember this is just a hobby, not "Log off and log back in when you read the NOTAM's" kind of simulation.