Sign in to follow this  
briansommers

We need a more professional way of saying what we do...

You guys actually ADMIT you do this in public! Guess I am still haven't come out of the closet
If you have some work colleagues who are into computer games, I bet you'd be surprised how many of them actually will admit that they too like flight simulator if you mention it in a conversation.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

By pretending otherwise you're only fooling yourself.
And you just do like spoiling the atmosphere! :(
but tongue in cheek humour!
:(
If you have some work colleagues who are into computer games, I bet you'd be surprised how many of them actually will admit that they too like flight simulator if you mention it in a conversation.
That's actually very true. Got a gamer at work, we often talk about it. He is actually more interested in mine than me in his (Counterstrike).

I have yet to find one person in the Greater Tulsa area that is interested in FSX to the same level I am. They get the idea of simulating flight and are amazed I can fly the Cessna 172 to within 5 knots of real life speeds through a circuit, but as soon as start mentioning the TrackIR, CH Fighterstick and Saitek pedals, 2x 24" monitors, flight planning software, instrument approach plates, you can see them: blah, blah, blah, bore...snore, snore, okthankyoubye! :LMAO:So I keep it to myself, but would love to meet friends around here that enjoy it too. back in the UK, we used to have LAN party mega-sessions with a bunch of us geeking out and it was super-good fun and we could drink and fly! :(