Sign in to follow this  
fsx

Speculation thread No.270

As I said long time ago, if you "wanna" speculate about how Flight will work you have to start with this....trying to erase piracy as much as possible.

Maybe... what about Mary Magdalene? Wasn't she technically "kind of" pregnant?I mean... Joe never fessed up, did he? We all know what happened next... no room at the Inn, the three wise guys, yadda yadda yadda...(NOTE: No offense was meant for the last sentence; a tongue in cheek reference to the events that transpired...)Alan Thinking.gif
Two different Mary's

Yet another pointless thread. Once again, how sad...
Yup, It seems the moderators here are asleep at the switch, again. Given the growing number of nonsensical posts in this forum perhaps they don't care anymore whether posts here are relevant, productive, and contributory to the MS Flight forum. This sort of permitted free for all also doesn't do much for Avsim's reputationMark

i9-13900K @ 5.8Ghz / Asus TUF 4090 OC / 32 GB DDR 5 / Corsair 1000W PS /  Pimax Crystal / 2 SATA SSD / 2TB M2 SSD/ DOF Reality H3 motion platform/ Win 11 

Two different Mary's
Oops. My bad. OP edited to reflect.Alan

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

What SPECIFIC rules are we breaking? I didn't realize that all posts here had to be relevant, productive and contributory. Can you point me to those rules?Got you to read this thread and respond.

This sort of permitted free for all also doesn't do much for Avsim's reputation?
5269558397_64406aeb94_z.jpgDon't know if you noticed but there isn't much else to talk about right now. I for one hold Avsim in higher regard for allowing open discussions. Nobody is demanding you read these threads! Would you prefer a completely void and dead forum about Flight? You can simulate that experience by not reading or replying to these nonsensical posts.

I didn't realize that all posts here had to be relevant, productive and contributory.
LOL... You joking right? If your post is neither relevent, or productive, or contributory tothe MS Flight Forum then why on earth is it being posted here? The purpose behind this forum is to discuss information, ideas, and comments about MS Flight. Hence the name of the forum, MS Flight. If you have run out of related meaningful posts here then simply move to another forum until we get more Flight information to talk about. Do you think it would be acceptable if I started a post here requesting help to overclock my CPU? I'm sure it would be rightfully locked/moved within 24h. Why? because it is off topic and has no place here. If it's not a genuine post about Flight then it's also off topic doesn't belong here.Mark

i9-13900K @ 5.8Ghz / Asus TUF 4090 OC / 32 GB DDR 5 / Corsair 1000W PS /  Pimax Crystal / 2 SATA SSD / 2TB M2 SSD/ DOF Reality H3 motion platform/ Win 11 

So speculating about Flight, that hasn't been released yet, in the Flight Forum, is off topic?These ARE comments about MS Flight and we can't help it that YOU don't like them. Or are you going to be the judge about what is a genuine post about Flight and what is not?If you don't like our attempts of being humorous, then you are free to not read them.

These ARE comments about MS Flight and we can't help it that YOU don't like them. Or are you going to be the judge about what is a genuine post about Flight and what is not?
Oh, like this one entitled "What colour do you think FLIGHT will be? and will it taste good" ???Do you honestly think this thread is a genuine enquiry? You posted several times in it about drinking tea??? Yeah that thread was clearly a genuine comment about Flight, and so were your comments right?Why is it so hard for some to simply to move on to another forum when there is nothing on topicto say? I'm all for a few comic one liners in a genuine thread but to fan the flames in posts that clearlyare off topic is not doing this forum any favours.Mark

You posted several times in it about drinking tea???
LOL! Tea indeed.My question is; if it's such a big problem then why are only a couple of people complaining out of the hundreds that read through each thread? Maybe they are so disgusted, they won't even dignify it with a response. Thinking.gif

So speculating about Flight, that hasn't been released yet, in the Flight Forum, is off topic?These ARE comments about MS Flight and we can't help it that YOU don't like them. Or are you going to be the judge about what is a genuine post about Flight and what is not?If you don't like our attempts of being humorous, then you are free to not read them.
This free for all style is starting to make me wonder about Avsim.Since you guys seem to have minds that only revolve around tea, I'll use it as an example. If I went into the FSX forum and saw that it was dead, is it right for me to go in there and post about this new tea that is in stores now? No. A forum being quiet shouldn't be a free pass to make it a free for all. There have been some speculative threads here that are fair and contain logical ideas. But recently, there have been quite a number that are a complete joke. I really don't see the point. I like coming here. I repeatedly get told (and it is very annoying, I might add) "why did you view the thread in the first place?" Well, to give it a fair view. I'm not going to consider it pointless until I've confirmed it is. That requires viewing. Don't let the excessive free for all posting cause this forum to become the new Orbx Flight forum. (aka: closed)Rant done. tongue.png

Brandon Filer

Last I checked there are no rules against pointless driveling threads on avsim-cause to be honest a high percentage of them are-even when discussing something "serious".

Oh, like this one entitled "What colour do you think FLIGHT will be? and will it taste good" ???Mark
Hahaha ...now THAT was funny....LOLI can tell you that Flight will leave a bad taste in some people's mouth....

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.