Sign in to follow this  
CurtisB

Corrupted Sound at touchdown

Is anyone else having this problem. When I land the sound at touchdown sounds like glass breaking.This started after SP1, all other sounds are fine. I uninstalled FSX and did a complete reinstall of all myFSX addons and the problem hasn't changed. Anyone have any ideas? I haven't submitted a ticket yet,hoping someone else has had the same problem and can help me.I7 860 (3.6ghz)Windows 7 64bitCurtis Beadle

That sound should be the noice of theshaking plane. When you land harder the sound will get louder.

Yes, you hit the ground harder, the loose objects will shake harder...You should have heard the racket as we "hit" the runway after a windshear event in Stansted... Such a laugh that the cabin was silent for the entire go-around... you could have heard a pin drop other than the sound of the engines! :DAndrew

They aren't joking dude. It's a new, realistic sound for the touchdown based on how hard you hit the runway. If you don't want it so loud, don't slam it down like a carrier landing.

P3D 4.3, Windows 10/64 bit, Intel 6700k @ 4.7 air-cooled, NVidia 2080 Ti Founders Edition, ASUS Rog Maximus VIII Ranger, 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 @3200, Phanteks Anthoo Pro Series Case, Samsung 950 Pro M.2 500GB, Sandisk 1TB SATA, Seagate 2TB Hybrid Drive, Cooler Master 700W, 40-inch Samsung 4k TV

All very funny, but not to helpful.
Follow the link iprovided by Jason. PMDG gave an official response in that thread.Some might have used humour, but their answers were truthful, accurate and helpful.

Regards,

PD

I certainly wasn't joking... you hit a plane hard onto the runway and all sorts of stuff will report itself as loose and rattle like crazy... just listen to some of the YouTube starts of something like an MD11 at full weight... You would think she is falling to bits...Andrew

All very funny, but not to helpful.
If you don't like the "realistic" sound, you can copy one of the other sound files from FSXSound directory e.g. cmtouch1.wav, rename and place it in the FSXSoundPMDG737NGXVarious directory, as I did. Consider backing up the original, PMDG_737_Touchdown.wav, before replacing it in case you decide that real is better than pleasing!

snapback.pngCurtisB, on 31 October 2011 - 05:19 PM, said:All very funny, but not to helpful.If you don't like the "realistic" sound, you can copy one of the other sound files from FSXSound directory e.g. cmtouch1.wav, rename and place it in the FSXSoundPMDG737NGXVarious directory, as I did. Consider backing up the original, PMDG_737_Touchdown.wav, before replacing it in case you decide that real is better than pleasing! Jeff Johnson (RWS)Jeff I took your advice and switched wav files. That's the help I was looking for. Thank you very much!Curtis Beadle

i love the new touchdown sound.. one of the best additions of the sp and 600/700

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

I do not get this sound on touchdown ! All I get is the very faint sound of a tire touching the runway... bizarre! The wav file is present in the sound directory and if I click on it I hear this nice touchdown that you mention. I just do not get it on landing, any idea why ?Luc Voeltzel

Luc Voeltzel LSGG