Sign in to follow this  
Eziocin

g3d.dll......help ..!

Possibly this info might stimulate some ideas for others to consider in fine tuning FSX performance with OrbX FTX PNW as well. wink.pngRegards,GaryGB
I find that in the very few instances where texture tiles fail to load, I can go ALT/FLIGHT/SAVE andall loads correctly again.. kind of cumbersome, but it handles the situation.In the absolute worst case, you can also go through with saving, say to "T" and reloading "T".

Bert

Thanks Stephen, I appreciate not to hijack the thread, unfornately not all my original pasted quote from Gary came through as he had said his blurries had disappeared. There's been so much good info from a lot of knowledgable people on this thread alone it seems a shame to take it elsewhere where it may be missed. The blurries aren't as bad as before, there was something on ******* tweaks causing it and whilst the default config is better (though performance diminished) I've been working from that, better than it was but still not sharp textures, I have a text file containing various tweaks which I can manually copy into the default. I have SWAP_WAIT_TIMEOUT=2 and did remove it for testing but had same issue...TextureMaxLoad= was set at 30 by ******* but I had tried removing that also and tried reducing down to 15. My cpu is verclocked and my gpu is overclocked beyond that of a 580 so shouldnt have issues keeping up. Also testing the gpu are stock speeds incase the overclock was struggling. Worst blurries were around Portland, flying over them at approx 150knots after a few tiles the blurriness would get worse until you cannot even make out roads, pausing wouldnt even allow them to reload. Will eventually get it sorted. Seems fine using GEX regions outside ORBX. Oh also tried reducing texture settings down to 30cm or even 1m and also tested changing the config to 4096 size textures. I'll try your setting of 9 later tonight. ThanksSorry also meant to say I'm using FPS Limiter 0.2 locked at 30, also tried without it. I appreciate locking fps internally reduces blurries, which it did during tests, but in many cases the fps drops so dramatically compared if unlimited which wasn't good or a choice in my opinion. Will continue testing
hi there, aloha (marc here)not 100% sure but i strongly suggest it is exactly your overclocking that creates your issue!why am i saying this?check out this thread and see what the guru has to say about overclocking.overclocking is the last part you will do - after having a stable fs setup first.quote:WARNING: NO OVERCLOCKING WHEN INSTALLING A OS OR SOFTWARE, DEFRAGMENTING, OR INITIALLY TUNING FSX! YOU START WITH A SECURE AND STABLE SYSTEM WITH THE CORRCT BIOS SETTINGS FOR YOUR SATA SYSTEM, MEMORY SPEED/TIMING/VOLTAGE. OVERCLOCKING COMES LAST --AND THEN-- YOU CAN ADJUST FSX SETTINGS FOR A NEW CLOCK, NOT UNTILMORE ERRORS ARE MADE TUNING A SYSTEM AND FSX WHILE OVERCLOCKED THAN ANY OTHER REASON. IT IS POSSIBLE TO END UP WITH INSTALL CORRUPTION OR YOU MAY BE OVER-DRIVING THE CPU EVEN IF TEMPS LOOK RIGHT! START WITH NO CLOCK, AND WORK YOUR WAY UP, LAST!unquoteLINK HERE: http://www.simforums.com/Forums/topic29041.htmlthen chose your os from that link - and check out as well the graphic card link for that matter...overclocking is try and error and ends up with errors most of the time :)see yourself and try setting back your super-duper rig.just my 2 cents.alohamarc

hi there, aloha (marc here)not 100% sure but i strongly suggest it is exactly your overclocking that creates your issue!why am i saying this?check out this thread and see what the guru has to say about overclocking.overclocking is the last part you will do - after having a stable fs setup first.quote:WARNING: NO OVERCLOCKING WHEN INSTALLING A OS OR SOFTWARE, DEFRAGMENTING, OR INITIALLY TUNING FSX! YOU START WITH A SECURE AND STABLE SYSTEM WITH THE CORRCT BIOS SETTINGS FOR YOUR SATA SYSTEM, MEMORY SPEED/TIMING/VOLTAGE. OVERCLOCKING COMES LAST --AND THEN-- YOU CAN ADJUST FSX SETTINGS FOR A NEW CLOCK, NOT UNTILMORE ERRORS ARE MADE TUNING A SYSTEM AND FSX WHILE OVERCLOCKED THAN ANY OTHER REASON. IT IS POSSIBLE TO END UP WITH INSTALL CORRUPTION OR YOU MAY BE OVER-DRIVING THE CPU EVEN IF TEMPS LOOK RIGHT! START WITH NO CLOCK, AND WORK YOUR WAY UP, LAST!unquoteLINK HERE: http://www.simforums...topic29041.htmlthen chose your os from that link - and check out as well the graphic card link for that matter...overclocking is try and error and ends up with errors most of the time :)see yourself and try setting back your super-duper rig.just my 2 cents.alohamarc
+1 on this post. Money%20Eyes.gif

hi there, aloha (marc here)not 100% sure but i strongly suggest it is exactly your overclocking that creates your issue!why am i saying this?check out this thread and see what the guru has to say about overclocking.overclocking is the last part you will do - after having a stable fs setup first.quote:WARNING: NO OVERCLOCKING WHEN INSTALLING A OS OR SOFTWARE, DEFRAGMENTING, OR INITIALLY TUNING FSX! YOU START WITH A SECURE AND STABLE SYSTEM WITH THE CORRCT BIOS SETTINGS FOR YOUR SATA SYSTEM, MEMORY SPEED/TIMING/VOLTAGE. OVERCLOCKING COMES LAST --AND THEN-- YOU CAN ADJUST FSX SETTINGS FOR A NEW CLOCK, NOT UNTILMORE ERRORS ARE MADE TUNING A SYSTEM AND FSX WHILE OVERCLOCKED THAN ANY OTHER REASON. IT IS POSSIBLE TO END UP WITH INSTALL CORRUPTION OR YOU MAY BE OVER-DRIVING THE CPU EVEN IF TEMPS LOOK RIGHT! START WITH NO CLOCK, AND WORK YOUR WAY UP, LAST!unquoteLINK HERE: http://www.simforums...topic29041.htmlthen chose your os from that link - and check out as well the graphic card link for that matter...overclocking is try and error and ends up with errors most of the time :)see yourself and try setting back your super-duper rig.just my 2 cents.alohamarc
We are no longer meant to be discussing the blurries on this thread as it's detracted from the original regarding G3D errors. When trying to determine amy FSX issues I always remove any overclocks or tweaks to the cfg file, graphics settings too and rebuild but doesnt always result in a pleasing answer. My system, like many gamers/simmers is NOT just used for FSX. Whilst I have a lot of respect for NickN in the addons he has developed he isnt the be all and end all of the simming community and some will dispute some of his quotes. My system is set up fine and everything installed by the book, O.S., drivers, updates then FSX with its updates allowing it to create updated scenery files after I install each addon. The system is fully defragged using O&O 15 too according to his comments. I've reduced the impact of the blurries by omitting some of *******' tweaks. Not been on it in days to determine how well it works

800driver.jpg

Chris Ibbotson

Guys, please keep this OT.This is g3d.dll error thread.

my sincere apologies for the 'abuse'.i never intended to either degress nor 'lecture' the knowledge of any user. just threw in my left-over braincells.i am very thankful for all your input and especially to pete d. for his remarkable and unheard-of contributions. thank you!sincerely marc

I was trying to LOL

800driver.jpg

Chris Ibbotson

For me the new version of FSUIPC is definetly the solution for the g3d.dll-problem.I had always ctd`s on the route EGLL-EDDL between the waypoints XAMOD and BOT in a short distance to EDDL (Düsseldorf) with the PMDG 737NGX (only this aircraft and all hotfixes and SP1).Now, the problem doesn`t exist anymore!Thank you, well done Pete!!!!Lars