Sign in to follow this  
akzach

Amazing

Just want to share I find the NGX to be ridiculously spot on especially after landing the 700WL in KRNO a few minutes ago. The flight from KCOS was perfect, descent perfect, approach perfect, and landing characteristics perfect. Using power to control altitude and pitch to control airspeed on final gave me a nice flare attitude I watched over and over in the replay. I have seen countless 737's land and finally I have witnessed my own identical landing to what I have seen so many times in real life. The avionics PMDG have created are superb, and I cannot find any flaws! I really feel bad for those who's experience is different. As far as the descent goes what is the big deal? Do some of you carry too much fuel? I always land with no more than 5K Lbs. and have an awesome path descent right down to the runway, stabilized and efficient. This plane is ridiculous, in all the best ways. I'm extremely proud to be a honest customer of this product.Tailwinds,

Yes I fully agree with you!!. It´s amazing in all positive way.I also never land with more than 4,5 to 5 ton of fuel, becauseI´m using Vroute Pemium, were you get the fuel prediction for your weight and flightplan.There are also a possibility when done your preeflight, to go to PROG page in CDU andsee how much left, when arrival. If to much, then just change the fuel and makethe preeflight once more./ Leffe

I've been using FSBuild. I tend to build my flightplans with 15 minutes taxi, 45 minutes reserve, 15 minutes hold, and 15 minutes extra. It's quite a bit more gas, but mimics my company's ops farely closesly. With alternate fuel (if needed) I tend to land at the destination with about 9-10k lbs of fuel remaining.

I've been using FSBuild. I tend to build my flightplans with 15 minutes taxi, 45 minutes reserve, 15 minutes hold, and 15 minutes extra. It's quite a bit more gas, but mimics my company's ops farely closesly. With alternate fuel (if needed) I tend to land at the destination with about 9-10k lbs of fuel remaining.
I think that´s a little bit to much. (my opinion)/ Leffe

I think that´s a little bit to much. (my opinion)/ Leffe
Sure it is. If you always land at your intended destination (the weather doesn't always read the report) with no holding, and no other traffic to sequence with. But as for the RW, 45 minute reserve is a regulatory requirement, and 15 minutes to taxi is conservative unless you're coming out of a small airport with no delays to the hub. RW flights rarely have to hold, but do on occasion. If a VATSIM airport has much traffic, they either start doing some interesting (inefficient) vectoring, or they hold flights. It isn't a stab at the controllers. I did some local controlling in vZTL for a while, it's just the nature of the beast.That extra fuel means that I can hold out a little bit longer while other people who didn't take extra fuel have to bugout. Once they start disappearing, my slot moves up rapidly. :-)This is a method that works for me, and mimics what my dispatchers use on the RW flights that I operate. I offered it as something to consider. The buck stops with the PIC, so it's up to each PIC to determine his/her own technique.

...I watched over and over in the replay...Tailwinds,
I just want to share with you, and apologies if you know about it, FSRecorder - I feel like I should have known about before, yet I've only just discovered it! But with that, you can replay as often as you like... even using different liveries etc.Carl Beeby

+1Never ceases to amaze me. Beautiful airplane.
+1Best ever! all the other 737 addons will now be sold only to idiots.What a blast!!

I´m using Vroute Pemium, were you get the fuel prediction for your weight and flightplan./ Leffe
I am also using VRoute Premium and I love the Fuel calc it has.Question however:what is the best practice fuel amount in "lbs" to reserve in the "Capitan's Reserve" at VRoute Fuel Calc section for the NGX?or how much do you put in the "Capitan's Reserve"?

Joel Strikovsky
Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

+1Best ever! all the other 737 addons will now be sold only to idiots.What a blast!!
HelloWhy is it always the folk with the least amount of posts that are so rude.I have the other 737 along with the NGX and I am certainly not an idiot.In fact if you want to build a full cockpit sim, at this time the i-Fly is the best way forward.Enjoy both products, a lot of work went into both of them from dedicated developers.Glyn

HelloWhy is it always the folk with the least amount of posts that are so rude.I have the other 737 along with the NGX and I am certainly not an idiot.In fact if you want to build a full cockpit sim, at this time the i-Fly is the best way forward.Enjoy both products, a lot of work went into both of them from dedicated developers.Glyn
I am puzzled on how this replies of yours fits in this thread...Rolling%20Eyes.gif

Joel Strikovsky
Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

Hi Glyn, I never meant to be rude. It's just a way of speaking. Sorry if you feel offended.However In my opnion the i-Fly 737NG is not in the same class as this PMDG Bird. Maybe with a good discussion about this I can get more posts.... Tounge.gifTounge.gif

Hi Guys,In the land of EU-OPS here's what you should do.You got your ZFM. This is what you'll weigh when you've arrived at your altenate.It is required that you can hold above the altenate for 30min at 1500feet agl. (45min in the US) So if you add these two fuel weights to your ZFM you will arrive at your estimated LM.Now add your trip fuel as well as contingency fuel (5%) to your LM and you find your estimated TOM.Finally add taxi fuel. estimate about 20kgs per minute. Estimate 20kgs per minute in taxi. This is the absolut minimum fuel quantities.Captains reserve is what you can put it based on experience. for instance if you're going into Heathrow on a friday afternoon then you might want to add 30min ekstra holding fuel. Or if there is severe weather conditions. Like in India with the monsoon or now in Germany where there is heavy fog. On the 737 I would stick in 600kgs. This is enough for about 15min of holding.Kind Regards,