Sign in to follow this  
blocks_off

Cannot start APU

HI All,I feel like I might have made this problem myself. On the ground EGCC happily prep'ing for the flight to LEAM, I keyed in my fuel - 8.5 tons needed, so of course I keyed in 8 and then things went quiet etc. Yes, it loaded 8kgs which doesn't go far! doh!So try a lot of things here (after loading 8500 kgs), re-reading the start procedure, searching here.... nothing.Battery onStandby pwr auto Apu StartHave i missed something? I continued the prep / engine start by using grd pwr and engine start truck, but had to do the same in LEAM.On the way home now (back to EGCC), but just wondering if there are any tips?If not, looks like we'll be flying G-GDFD to HESH tomorrow as G-CELI could be in the hanger!ThanksCarl Beeby

^Yup. Sounds like your APU has failed. Fun time to get a ground start on the number 1, pushback, and then use the cross bleed start procedure.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Do you have any active failures?
Thanks both..... but no active failures at all.I also have the wear and tear switched off too.Carl

Funny you mention this.... I had the exact same failure on my 73G today, It had only 3 hours on it! Is the APU on the MEL?

-.- . ...- .. -.
Kevin Conlon
Pharmacist, Pilot and Parrot Head

I9-9900K  4.9GHz | RTX 2080 TI FE | 27" Asus Monitors x 3| MSI Z370 | Crucial M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x 2 | Toshiba HDD 2TB | WDC HDD 2TB | 32 GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10

Exact same thing happened to me today as well. I used the external air cart for the flight. In the end only a reload of the airplane cleared the fault for me.

I had the same thing today. First it showed an apu sereve fualt, I cleared it from failures but the same thing happens the next time I start the APU.I also change fual to 0 kg when the apu was running. After adding some fuel the problem started and has not ended.

Sounds like if we run out of gas we have to restart the flight. Doesn't seem too bad as that would also end your flight in real life :)

if your still experiencing the problem use of the default ngx panel states and stop using the one your having the issue with.

Hi talk about odd things I was doing a flight when I noticed that fuel was only dropping on the centre and right tanks. The centre tank was low and I had turned the centre pumps off. I even turned the right pumps off for awhile but the left tank would not budge. I have the time base failures on, Standard I think. I did go into the FMC and settings and looked to see if I changed something by mistake. Not sure if I did, might put it down to ice . I have a feeling I might have left the Anti Ice off. It did come right though but landed with a fuel inbalance.

ahhh,.. give her some choke! Hug.giftongue.png
Sadly, several here will not understand the reference...

Kyle Rodgers

Depends if you're ETOPS and also I believe CATIII or not.
Right for the first, wrong for the second.APU has nothing to do with CAT III.

Regards

Andrea Daviero