Sign in to follow this  
tnorton776

Alarm goes off midflight for no reason

As you described it it seems to be a double user error, not a wrong installation, but as the NGX is a complex simulation, an installation error is possible.Before take off the TO WARN will sound if throttles are advanced AND:-Speed brakes are out of the DOWN detend or there is pressure to the ground spoiler system (more than 750PSI)-Flaps are out of TO range (depending on model) and without asymmetry condition or uncommanded motion-Stab trim out of green band-one of the LE devices is still in transit or in uncommanded motion-Parking brake setThe warning is removed when all conditions above are safe for TO.The warning (Witout Master caution) will come back on when altitude in the cabin (wich normally is different from outside) is over 10000 ft.This condition is possible if one or a combination of these things happen:-Packs are both OFF-Eng. bleed OFF (with APU not running, APU bleed + eng bleeds off if apu running)-Pressurization controller in manual position and outflow valve open more than required.-Something left open :D-An active failure.If all the above conditions are avoided, you sould not ear the warning. If yes, it's an installation problem.
Hello Andrea: Yes it was an installation problem as I didn't confront the problem with any other variation and after I re-installed the software, it hasn't happen again not even with the addition of the 600 and 700. It could be that the same thing is happening to others. As PMDG create the most realistic simulation for FSX I always read carefully the instructions and try to follow their procedures to the T. Even following everything correctly the cabin just wont pressurize. So, to others following PMDG procedures and still getting that annoying alarm, should try to see if it is an installation problem and re-installed the software to see if that solve the issue.Thanks

Raul

San Juan, P.R..

Windows 7 Pro 64bit, 3.5ghz Ivy Bridge, NvidiaGTX1080, 16gb Corsair Vengeance, 1000w Power supply, Corsair H100 cooler

http://www.youtube.c...75?feature=mhee

This happened to me as well and the reason was because i forgot to flip the packs on after start. Once I turned them on, it took a few minutes for pressurization to build, but then the alarm went off. 

You absolutely need to read your checklists. After take-off, first two challenges: engine bleeds on, packs auto. These points are included for a reason.

Plus it's good practise to include the cabin pressure panel during your 10K' check.

sig.gif

Plus it's good practise to include the cabin pressure panel during your 10K' check.

That check actually saved my bacon one day climbing towards TOC in the C-414. Pull power, descend and turn toward home and let ATC know.  Dump valve was stuck open.

Dan Downs KCRP