Sign in to follow this  
IAmThWlfMan

WOOHOO X-Plane 10 Demo is out..

Please seed. Sharing is caring. Or something.

downloading, german mirror at 1.2mb, 25min for 1.9gig rar file
Peculiar it's only 1.9 gigs. I'm guessing they've removed the Mac binaries.Edit: yup.

just finished. Only have a second to check performance. so... very bad! default situation gave me 12 or 13 fps. And it crashed. But, the default settings are pretty high, and it was overcast, and at sunset. I will mess with my settings later, but my guess is that I wont really bother getting XP10 until I get a new computer (which I need to do anyway. I cant really run FSX either)

Daniel Miller

Have a 1080p uploading to youtube that should up and ready in a couple hours. X-Plane 10 runs fantastic on my computer and looks awesome.

just finished. Only have a second to check performance. so... very bad! default situation gave me 12 or 13 fps. And it crashed. But, the default settings are pretty high, and it was overcast, and at sunset. I will mess with my settings later, but my guess is that I wont really bother getting XP10 until I get a new computer (which I need to do anyway. I cant really run FSX either)
why do you have your i7 at only 1.6GHz ???allen

why do you have your i7 at only 1.6GHz ???allen
He is using a laptop i7 processor note the M in the name, laptop processors are always under clocked to save power.

Cheers, Andy.

He is using a laptop i7 processor note the M in the name, laptop processors are always under clocked to save power.
Darn it usually I wait till Friday to adverrtise my ignorancements and inability to typoWorried.gif

I would be lying if I said I was really impressed. It is not that it looks bad. It is that my computer cannot run it with any of the new visuals. Performance is just as bad as I would get in FSX flying in Orbx area. Really, really bad. So... I will wait it out, and hope that a new shiny Ivy Bridge and Kepler computer will be able to run it. Because my laptop simply cannot. What I find interesting though is that if my computer cannot run it, those with the Macs must really be in trouble! A comparable Mac laptop costs $2200!

Daniel Miller

Just spent about 40min. I woud say it's not bad at all - frame rate is pretty good (but I could not find how to see the rate number) with all settings at high.The biggest problem is controls. I can't figure out how to look around in VC or use joystick hat.Need to spend some time on setting the controls up... But it's OK - just a setup...High shadow settings did not work - got some green color bugs.Overall it looks nice and promising. Terrain looks very nice and "rich" I would say. Liked cloud shadows very much.I5 at 4.7, gt560ti.

Some vid for those still waiting. I absolutely love the low setting for shadows, I don't think I'll miss HDR. Lots of tweaking to try on the weekend!

Just spent about 40min. I woud say it's not bad at all - frame rate is pretty good (but I could not find how to see the rate number) with all settings at high.The biggest problem is controls. I can't figure out how to look around in VC or use joystick hat.Need to spend some time on setting the controls up... But it's OK - just a setup...High shadow settings did not work - got some green color bugs.Overall it looks nice and promising. Terrain looks very nice and "rich" I would say. Liked cloud shadows very much.I5 at 4.7, gt560ti.
Woah, what power supply? 4.7g!Go to controls options, advanced buttons I think. Press a controller button then click 3d cockpit view under the views section. Do same with hat, just click the general- pan buttons to right

Woah, what power supply? 4.7g!Go to controls options, advanced buttons I think. Press a controller button then click 3d cockpit view under the views section. Do same with hat, just click the general- pan buttons to right
I also can't seem to get the vc to work with the hat switch (did fine on xplane 9). One HUGE improvement-roll response is now realistic-at least on the Carenado f33-this plane's fm feels like the real thing. Seems though a lot of things are now broken on it (I just bought it last week). Bummer..