Sign in to follow this  
ohsirus

X-Plane 10 demo impressions?

Its great, fantastic frame rates.http://www.youtube.c...e&v=GlGa5RMl9zU
What's up with the scenery? There don't seem to be any roads connecting the little blocks of neighborhoods (that's supposed to be Seattle?). The ground appears blurry as well.What do you have your settings at that are giving you these results?

What's up with the scenery? There don't seem to be any roads connecting the little blocks of neighborhoods (that's supposed to be Seattle?). The ground appears blurry as well.What do you have your settings at that are giving you these results?
Its a demo, get over it, This was my first time even opening X-Plane 10 without changing anything. Give me a chance to learn all the new views since you can`t use the old keys.

near 16 fps highest res settings (was about 9 inside VC)a Q6600 at 3.4G with a GTX 260Anyone have any odea how to get the pan switch to work? I have to use the mouse to get panning which i find awkard

Its a demo, get over it, This was my first time even opening X-Plane 10 without changing anything. Give me a chance to learn all the new views since you can`t use the old keys.
Forgive me. I didn't realize pointing out obvious problems and asking whether they were settings related (which seems likely here vs. a problem with the program) was so offensive.

See our blog for my first impressions, and this is the first very rough vid:

Yes, this is only a pretty early beta, Demo at that, so the roads are limited. Considering these limitations, it's very impressive, a brilliant start. The AI planes are fantastic, like the 747 you see sitting at the start wiggling his rudder.

Couldn't work out how to go full screen (Alt+enter didn't work so maybe it's always in a window? )
in the rendering options page, there is an option for fullscreen near the resouition selection
I couldn't zoom out far enough in the cockpit, felt I was forced into having my face against the windscreen.
there is an option for lateral field of view (as in degrees of outside view from left side of window to forward - setting to 360, the left of the window would be directly behind you, the right would be the same thing - 180 would be left side would be the image out the corner of your left eye, the right side the corner of your right eye)if you want a perfectly scaled display, you'll need some trigonometry. Your head is the center of a circle. measure the distance to the center of the screen. measure the width of the screen (same units as the distance to the screen.plug into the formula below:R = distance to screenW = width of screenFOV = (360 * W) / (6.28 * R)This will give you an approximate degree field of view. Bigger screen or closer to the screen will result in the image taking up more of your viewing angle, making the FOV bigger.

My first-impressions are very positive. First my system specs:AMD Phenom II X6nVidia GTX 460 768MB8GB RAMLinuxWith default settings, it looked good and ran smoothly, and I was able to crank up some of the details fairly high without things become unplayable, although my framerates did suffer over dense urban areas. I could probably buy better performance with more conservative shadow settings, but I didn't do any extensive fiddling. At any rate, even with default settings, it looks better than FSX default with everything maxed. Of course FSX is a 6-year old product, so this is to be expected.

Unfortiunately mountains pop up in the distance with volumetric fog off. That makes the game 1/10.
I have an idea for you: turn volumetric fog on.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

I have an idea for you: turn volumetric fog on.
Hahaha, beat me to it! That guys settings look like 'poverty pack'