Sign in to follow this  
flight1986

Low Performance with i5-2500K

Ryan,SO went and returned the 550ti, and picked up a MSI N560GTX-TI Twin Frozr II.

I´ve also yound the EVGA GTX 560 SC a very good and nevertheless inexpemnisve card. Payed arround 220$ or 170€ for that one and so far it´s working very good. A lot cooler than my GTX 260 and the IQ is just perfect. With the rest of my system (spec´s in sig) i get arround 30 FPS in most situations over PNW with most settings cranked up.

I´ve also yound the EVGA GTX 560 SC a very good and nevertheless inexpemnisve card. Payed arround 220$ or 170€ for that one and so far it´s working very good. A lot cooler than my GTX 260 and the IQ is just perfect. With the rest of my system (spec´s in sig) i get arround 30 FPS in most situations over PNW with most settings cranked up.
The MSI GTX 560 TI is great, very very cool and with the dual fans i wouldnt expect any less. What are you settings for FSX since you have such high FPS and do you run external frame limiter

Just upgraded from a GTX 470 to a GTX 580. I see little if any difference in performance or quality using FSX or FS9. I didn't upgrade for MSFS. Now in Battlefield and Train Simulator 2012 and my other more modern games. it made a significant difference. Dont wast your money on large GPU's for FSX! 470 or 480 probably as good as you'll ever be able to see.
well the 470 and 480 are just like the 570 580, i looked into them granted 470 and 480 are far cheaper, but the 560 ti will do the trick just need alot of tweaking now to get my system.

The MSI GTX 560 TI is great, very very cool and with the dual fans i wouldnt expect any less. What are you settings for FSX since you have such high FPS and do you run external frame limiter
First of all, I don´t use any external limiter. They did never what I expected them to do, so I gave up and locked the frames internally at 30. Most of the toiem I get these 30, although flying over PNW in Carenado´s C337 and real weather, composed by FSrealWX lite. Just that you have a gerneral overlook and can imagine what´s going on on my system.The general grafic´s setting are made via NvidiaInspector: AA on AA_MODE_METHOD_SUPERVCAA_64X_4v12 and AF 16x and FXAA on.The ingame settings are:Global testure resolution: very highAircraft casts shadow on itselfeAircraft landing lights illuminate groundLevel of detail radius: LargeMesh complexity: 100Mesh resolution: 2mTexture resolution: 30cmWater effects: Medium 2xScenery complexity:denseAutogen density: denseAepcial efects detail: mediumclound covereage density: highDetailed clouds: yesCloud draw distance: 60miRate of weather change: highAirline traffic: 75%GA traffic. 75%Airport vehicle traffic: lowCars: 15%Ships: 15%Leisure boats: 15%These should be the most important ones. These settings all together give me decent performance (Till I get too near to KSEA but I´m flying GA, so this won´t likely happen!) and perfect gtafics. FSX never looked better to me. And that is without REX!! :smile: