Sign in to follow this  
ohsirus

Contributed to the X-plane Economy

not true .. the carenado planes work in XPX
I don't think most of us would consider immersion-shattering bugs like lights positioned several feet over the wings an acceptable definition of the word "compatible". Compatible implies that the product works at least as well in the new platform as it did in the previous one.They need work.

I don't think most of us would consider immersion-shattering bugs like lights positioned several feet over the wings an acceptable definition of the word "compatible". Compatible implies that the product works at least as well in the new platform as it did in the previous one.They need work.
Finally, someone offers a definition of compatible i can agree on. Must work AS WELL as previous version for compatibility, lighting effects should be the same (or better if there is an improvement in this regard, but not necessary to be compatible), with no loss of feature or disarticulation of the featureset due to anomalies.

Compatible implies that the product works at least as well in the new platform as it did in the previous one.
I said as much in one of the threads - "As real as it gets" ? The thread seems to have disappeared or been deleted - can't find it anymore. I also posted on that same thread the video where Austin himself mentioned - albeit in audio only - that v9 aircraft, scenery, addons and plugins are suppposed to be compatible in v10.Hope somebody can help me find that thread ! The term compatible is used a little too loosely, imho.BTW, here's the video with v9/v10 compatibility issue raised and addressed starting at counter 33:20.FSBreak 102: Austin Meyer talks X-Plane 10 video :

"As real as it gets" thread is still active, but on page two of the forum..

"As real as it gets" thread is still active, but on page two of the forum..
Thx Tierborn.