Sign in to follow this  
bluemanrom2

Best Military Planes

Well, it seems i can't update my first post, so i will list them here: VRS F/A-18 Superbug LotusSim L39 Albatross MilViz T-38A ? MilViz F-15E (this looks promising) Aerosoft F-16 Falcon ? Iris F-14 Tomcat ? Iris A-10 Warthog ? Is L39 Albatross better than Aerosoft F-16, or F-14 Tomcat ? in regards to systems simulation

As we can see from the endless list of great planes, you almost need to purchase/download everything and decide what works best for you.Many months ago I decided that the Iris F-16D does more for me by way of functioning switches than the Aerosoft F-16. However, I almost equally split my time to fly both of them.Thanks to those who mentioned the F-14 and A-10 and B-52. Also the great freeware and payware-like freeware. Thank you to those guys who have dedicated a lot of personal time to making these addons possible for free.I think I saw previews of A2A F-4 Phantom and F-104 Starfighter. These will be added to my favorites too.I know the T-37 Tweet payware is dated and no longer works for FSX. I only mentioned it because when it was out, it was the only plane I had ever flown solo and could compare the simulation the real plane.

Keith Guillory

The Flight1 installers would allow the money back for some 30 days, but I think that most titles named are sure shots.My personal favourites are the amazing Lotussim L-39, the Milviz T-38 and the VRS F-18 when it comes to modern planes. Maybe to add the B-52 for the big things. happy.png A lot of Milviz in that one.The F-18 gives you pretty fancy avionics plus an autopilot and a nice collimated HUD which all leads to tons of fun at carriers, while the two others give you basic instruments and a pure flying focus, with the T-38 being a rocket.The L-38 offers a place for the RXP GPS units for navigational help in the VC, while the T-38 offers this (normal GPS) as a popup. But Milviz said that they will do a version with the modern avionics pack too, so if that's needed, you should wait a bit.VRS may offer their TacPac within some time, which adds up to the detail of the F-18 and should allow some serious military business. This may even get expanded to other planes, but better look up the details on this.A2A is a league of its own and their Spitfire is pure fun but represents a classic military plane of course.

I think I saw previews of A2A F-4 Phantom and F-104 Starfighter. These will be added to my favorites too.
Indeed. Would be nice to see those two types coming in the A2A style.

VRS may offer their TacPac within some time, which adds up to the detail of the F-18 and should allow some serious military business. This may even get expanded to other planes, but better look up the details on this.
This is the one thing that I'm really looking forward to, and according to the VRS website it will be done in "a couple of weeks", and I don't know when the site was updated, so could be before Christmas!

Ok after reading some reviews, i don't know why u actually recommended Aerosoft F-16. It seems the Iris F-16D is actually more of a "simulator", more systems simulation depth, more functional cockpit. VRS F/A-18 Superbug LotusSim L39C Albatross Iris F-16D and Warthog A-10 - they seem to have some functional cockpits MilViz T-38A and maybe F-15E - haven't read too many reviews on them DCS A-10c (i know it's a game, but is very good one) These are the planes i found so far that have good flight dynamics, good visuals, and good systems simulation. If a plane has good visuals that's not enough. I want a "as close it can be" real simulation plane. Is there any other beside those ?

Wilco's Harrier Jump Jethttp://www.wilcopub.com/catalog/product/view/_ignore_category/1/id/5928/s/harrier-jump-jet/category/4/

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

VRS F/A18 is the best. by a HUGE margin..! meaning complete package from airplane to support and everything in between especially immersion and where developers go out of their way to "LISTEN" to customers instead of feeling insulted when you mention something wrong.. and then try and rip you apart on public forums.
what forum are you refering to?I've been insulted , like many other simmers, on a forum and I am curious to find out if it is the same.

Why not ask by PM instead of bringing this up in public?

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

There is a review of the T-38A on the Avsim reviews page.

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

You know how people are saying Aerosoft F-16, and the Iris F-16D? Well Iris is putting out a very good F-15E with all of the systems modeled and working weapons, the funny thing is that the guy who modeled the Aerosoft F-16 is doing their model and you already know how in-depth they are doing the systems. I am truly excited about that plane, it will be like getting the best of both worlds. I know it isn't out yet but they said it should be by XMAS.

It's been said a couple of times but DCS A10 should be looked at. It's within the price of a lot of addon fsx aircraft but it will consume ~8gigs of hdd space. I have not used the VRS stuff but a lot of DCS pilots have and rate them highly but the a10 is still a step above in the modeling of it's systems and the fact that the simulation engine allows you to do a2a, missiles/bombs etc. The graphics are also very good.

You know how people are saying Aerosoft F-16, and the Iris F-16D? Well Iris is putting out a very good F-15E with all of the systems modeled and working weapons, the funny thing is that the guy who modeled the Aerosoft F-16 is doing their model and you already know how in-depth they are doing the systems. I am truly excited about that plane, it will be like getting the best of both worlds. I know it isn't out yet but they said it should be by XMAS.
Yeah man, if seen the IRIS F-15E and it is realy some good piece a work!............................can't wait till it gets out!