Sign in to follow this  
Dougal

Exchange one FSX Crash For Another!

Wouldn't you know it... Finally got the G3D crashes sorted (thanks Pete), only for another to start.For no reason I can fathom, I'm now getting what appears to be driver crash on my Asus sound card:Problem signature: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: fsx.exe Application Version: 10.0.61637.0 Application Timestamp: 46fadb14 Fault Module Name: HsSrv2.dll Fault Module Version: 1.0.10.917 Fault Module Timestamp: 4c930239 Exception Code: c0000005 Exception Offset: 000010ba OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48 Locale ID: 2057 Additional Information 1: 0a9e Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789 Additional Information 3: 0a9e Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789Happens mostly after hitting the 'q' key when flying to sort the sound issues within FSX.

Phil,HsSrv2.dll error is caused by corrupted or badly coded sound drivers. You may need to roll back or find a new beta driver for your asus sound card.More info here, about the third posthttp://vip.asus.com/...ge=en-us&page=1If you have onboard sound, maybe enable that if issue cannot be resolved.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

If you have onboard sound, maybe enable that if issue cannot be resolved.
I would second that. I've always found FSX works better with the onboard sound chips. Fancy PCI-E sound cards have always given me problems - either terrible noises when FS gets over 40 fps or so, or crashes. And for the types of sound you need from flight simming the onboard sound is always perfectly adequate.RegardsPete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

I would second that. I've always found FSX works better with the onboard sound chips. Fancy PCI-E sound cards have always given me problems - either terrible noises when FS gets over 40 fps or so, or crashes. And for the types of sound you need from flight simming the onboard sound is always perfectly adequate.RegardsPete
I ditched my creative sound card some time ago, in fact I kicked it so hard it landed on my neighbours roof. My MB has realtek onboard, and is great. No sound issues and as you said Pete, does not fall over during various phases of flight.Cheers

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Thanks guysthis has now become so bad, I've done as you suggest. Painfull though - I paid a lot for that Asus sound card, incorrectly assuming that matching it to the Asus mobo would give no problems.Don't think I've yet noticed any reduction in sound quality, but have definately lost a frame or two when heavily loaded.

I was not getting crashes but my system was becoming infamous for the sound not working half way through a SKYPE session, or when flying with friends on Teamspeak. I tried everyway known and advised by man to fix it to no avail. I installed my Creative Sound Blaster from my last computer and it is working sound and sweet. Strange how these things seem work so differently in each computer. Hope things get fully resolved Phil.Kind regards,

+1 I yanked my creative sound blaster out last month, nothing but problems.

Haven't had any issues with my Creative sound card. Works great. In flightsim and out of flightsim.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

HelloThere is no need at all for anything more than Realtek onboard sound for FSX these days.Once Vista and W7 deprecated the hardware sound acceleration the one reason to have a Creative card installed was no longer there.The Realtek drivers are solid these days, the motherboard manufacturers have had years of experience partnering with Realtek so the implementation is really well worked out.The Asus drivers are not at the same level of quality as their sound card hardware and Creative's drivers support is the worst of any hardware vendor.If you need anything better soundwise than Realtek for music then buy an external DAC/Amp you will get much better quality sound for a lot less than the price of a high end sound card, and just use the onboard for FSX.In my experience the Mic input on the Realtek is far better than the one on the Creative Xfi card that I used at one time, one more reason for me to dump the Creative card.