Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dougal

Exchange one FSX Crash For Another!

Wouldn't you know it... Finally got the G3D crashes sorted (thanks Pete), only for another to start.For no reason I can fathom, I'm now getting what appears to be driver crash on my Asus sound card:Problem signature: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: fsx.exe Application Version: 10.0.61637.0 Application Timestamp: 46fadb14 Fault Module Name: HsSrv2.dll Fault Module Version: 1.0.10.917 Fault Module Timestamp: 4c930239 Exception Code: c0000005 Exception Offset: 000010ba OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48 Locale ID: 2057 Additional Information 1: 0a9e Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789 Additional Information 3: 0a9e Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789Happens mostly after hitting the 'q' key when flying to sort the sound issues within FSX.

Windows 10 (x64) - X-Plane 11 - M/B: Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero - CPU: i7 7700k (@5.0GHz) - RAM: 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 3200MHz - Video: GTX1080ti - Cooling: Custom water loop (EK 140 Revo D5 pump/res combo, EK EVO CPU block, EK XE360 Rad)

Phil,HsSrv2.dll error is caused by corrupted or badly coded sound drivers. You may need to roll back or find a new beta driver for your asus sound card.More info here, about the third posthttp://vip.asus.com/...ge=en-us&page=1If you have onboard sound, maybe enable that if issue cannot be resolved.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, P3D 5.0, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Corsair Spec Omega Case,Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, EVGA 850+ Gold PSU,Win 10 Pro 64-bit, Samsung 43 UHD TV, LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Logitech X56 Hotas Stick and Throttle, Logitech/Saitek Flight Yoke System, Multi, Radio, Switch Panels

If you have onboard sound, maybe enable that if issue cannot be resolved.
I would second that. I've always found FSX works better with the onboard sound chips. Fancy PCI-E sound cards have always given me problems - either terrible noises when FS gets over 40 fps or so, or crashes. And for the types of sound you need from flight simming the onboard sound is always perfectly adequate.RegardsPete

Win10: 2004 19041.264
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3900 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 30Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

I would second that. I've always found FSX works better with the onboard sound chips. Fancy PCI-E sound cards have always given me problems - either terrible noises when FS gets over 40 fps or so, or crashes. And for the types of sound you need from flight simming the onboard sound is always perfectly adequate.RegardsPete
I ditched my creative sound card some time ago, in fact I kicked it so hard it landed on my neighbours roof. My MB has realtek onboard, and is great. No sound issues and as you said Pete, does not fall over during various phases of flight.Cheers

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, P3D 5.0, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Corsair Spec Omega Case,Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, EVGA 850+ Gold PSU,Win 10 Pro 64-bit, Samsung 43 UHD TV, LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Logitech X56 Hotas Stick and Throttle, Logitech/Saitek Flight Yoke System, Multi, Radio, Switch Panels

Thanks guysthis has now become so bad, I've done as you suggest. Painfull though - I paid a lot for that Asus sound card, incorrectly assuming that matching it to the Asus mobo would give no problems.Don't think I've yet noticed any reduction in sound quality, but have definately lost a frame or two when heavily loaded.

Windows 10 (x64) - X-Plane 11 - M/B: Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero - CPU: i7 7700k (@5.0GHz) - RAM: 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 3200MHz - Video: GTX1080ti - Cooling: Custom water loop (EK 140 Revo D5 pump/res combo, EK EVO CPU block, EK XE360 Rad)

I was not getting crashes but my system was becoming infamous for the sound not working half way through a SKYPE session, or when flying with friends on Teamspeak. I tried everyway known and advised by man to fix it to no avail. I installed my Creative Sound Blaster from my last computer and it is working sound and sweet. Strange how these things seem work so differently in each computer. Hope things get fully resolved Phil.Kind regards,

+1 I yanked my creative sound blaster out last month, nothing but problems.

as.jpg

Seinfeld Quote of the Month:

"Course, it would have to be someone who hasn't heard the story before. Someone who is unencumbered by any emotional attachment. Someone whose heart is so dark, it cannot be swayed by pity, compassion, or human emotion of any kind"

Haven't had any issues with my Creative sound card. Works great. In flightsim and out of flightsim.

socal-dusk.jpg

simwestFOTOREAL series
Photoreal scenery you'll want to fly thru, not over

HelloThere is no need at all for anything more than Realtek onboard sound for FSX these days.Once Vista and W7 deprecated the hardware sound acceleration the one reason to have a Creative card installed was no longer there.The Realtek drivers are solid these days, the motherboard manufacturers have had years of experience partnering with Realtek so the implementation is really well worked out.The Asus drivers are not at the same level of quality as their sound card hardware and Creative's drivers support is the worst of any hardware vendor.If you need anything better soundwise than Realtek for music then buy an external DAC/Amp you will get much better quality sound for a lot less than the price of a high end sound card, and just use the onboard for FSX.In my experience the Mic input on the Realtek is far better than the one on the Creative Xfi card that I used at one time, one more reason for me to dump the Creative card.

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

44%
    $11,005.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now