Sign in to follow this  
chiozza

Yawing and Pitching Excessively

Oh I forgive him.Absolutely and whole heartedly.TBH, this isn't the place to have a discussion about morals. Feel free to PM me should you wish to discuss it further.
No need for a PM. I've made my point and it seems you've made yours.Am happy to let the thread get back on topic.

How much better is it? I've dusted off XP9 and after flying it for a few days I'm reminded of one of the reasons I shelved it in the first place. The turbulance in XP9 is exaggerated to comical proportions. If I turn on real world weather and there's a few kts of breeze the plane starts bouncing around like it's caught in a hurricane - literally! If the weather gets much worse than a light wind the plane often becomes pretty much uncontrollable. I've flown real ultralights in a light wind with only mild buffeting as a result and none of the heavy pitching and yawing that's nearly always present in XP9 when flying a much heavier more stable aircraft. So if I want to enjoy the sim I have to turn real world weather off. I tried to compare the real world weather around KSEA last night in XP9 and XP10 and the difference seemed big? XP9 had rediculous buffeting, XP10 had none. So did they really address this issue or was last night an anomaly?? So far when using the demo and RWW I haven't had any bad experiences with turbulence.
It seems to me that the buffeting is too often. I usually turn turbulence off. I just don't want the aggravation of it in the sim. In real world flying if the day is that rough, ( I've had the rear windows knocked out of a 172M north of Greely Colo), I just go back home for the day.I haven't tried turbulence or real world weather too much in ver 10. Just got my disks about an hour ago so am still installing scenery. :-)Donald E. Doovan

Guest durangoflyer
I did too until I spent some time tuning my joystick. I have a Thrustmaster T.Flight HOTAS X, which I've decided is basically crap but perfectly usable after adjusting things properly.
I'm trying to use the same controller for flying the helicopters. Can you post your settings?Thanks!

I enjoy X-plane 9 but don't enjoy the turbulence.You can tone down the general turbulence after you've downloaded real weather (I'd recommend the Real Enviroment Weather add on) by adjustments after you've broken the update link but even then it's still present in close proximty to Cumulus which is a pain. Some argue this is realistic but not in my limited experience. Either way since the rest of the sim is so scalable it would be nice to be able to adjust ALL forms of turbulence to suit.Any experiences from XP10 users gratefully received.TIM

I enjoy X-plane 9 but don't enjoy the turbulence.You can tone down the general turbulence after you've downloaded real weather (I'd recommend the Real Enviroment Weather add on) by adjustments after you've broken the update link but even then it's still present in close proximty to Cumulus which is a pain. Some argue this is realistic but not in my limited experience. Either way since the rest of the sim is so scalable it would be nice to be able to adjust ALL forms of turbulence to suit.Any experiences from XP10 users gratefully received.TIM
I remember flying from Europe back home to Oz in a KLM 747 (back when KLM was flying from Australia. We flew over the Bay of Bengal and as we were approaching, the Captain told us there was a severe storm ahead, but we would be flying approximately 6000 feet above the storm ceiling and that we might experience some turbulence. I had a window seat and along with the aircraft being bounced around quite a bit, I could see the wings outside bending up and down. Must have been at least 6 feet either way. FOR ME, the way the aircraft get bumped around in x plane is pretty much the same as it is when I fly a single engine Sundowner. This is definitely a subjective opinion. I always tell people if they want to experience it themselves, to take a 20 minute intro flight in a single engine trainer. The Sundowner I used to fly was not permitted to fly in winds of, I think it was somewhere around 10 kts. Even if it was relatively calm, but with 10 kt gusts, you would still not be allowed to fly. It's been a while since I flew one. 10 kts is not much, but it's enough to ground a single engine aircraft.

I enjoy X-plane 9 but don't enjoy the turbulence.You can tone down the general turbulence after you've downloaded real weather (I'd recommend the Real Enviroment Weather add on) by adjustments after you've broken the update link but even then it's still present in close proximty to Cumulus which is a pain. Some argue this is realistic but not in my limited experience. Either way since the rest of the sim is so scalable it would be nice to be able to adjust ALL forms of turbulence to suit.Any experiences from XP10 users gratefully received.
During my first experience of climbing through a Cumulus "hole" in XP10..............it was completely over done. I thought I was trailing a Boeing 757 or a Van's RV in their wingtip vortex. I was getting thrown all around, and wings were dipping 90 degrees.On day two, doing the same kind of climb, it resulted in much less turbulence, so I didn't make an internet claim as to the effect.I am basing my judgement on plenty of real flights in this type of scenario. Cumulus clouds over the mountains of the western USA.Note: the reference to a Van's RV.............is that I call them mini 757s. The wake turbulence is very noticeable, if you get in the right place. We fly in groups a lot.L.Adamson